Software Engineer (Java)- TS/SCI
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Primary Location: Herndon, VA
Clearance:Top Secret/SCI (CI Poly preferred)
Citizenship: US Citizenship Required
Education/Experience: BSEE, Computer Science or equivalent. Five or more years specializing in Software Engineering using Java or similar object oriented programming language.
Are you a talented professional and creative software engineer? Are you interested in building enterprise level data retrieval tools that connect users to multiple disparate data stores? Do you want to work with the latest technologies, and develop in an AWS environment? If so, we would like to speak with you!
We’re looking for a few good engineers to join our established team that is working across a multi-domain enterprise environment to create a tool that retrieves GeoINT data for use by a federal client. This multi-year project is responsible for establishing connections between several disparate data stores, and is managed through a multi-tier agile framework. By joining our team, you’ll have the opportunity to develop in AWS, and use industry best practices for continuous integration and delivery.
We are creating a centralized online on-demand search of all geospatial-related content. Users across the NSG will be able to easily discover, access, and retrieve the geospatial-related content they need for missions, functional management, or corporate activity regardless of the content’s producers, formats, or storage locations. Through seamless linkages, we are providing search services supporting all of the agency’s emerging capabilities for visualizing, integrating, analyzing, exploiting, and producing GEOINT, allowing users to easily obtain search results in a variety of environments and leverage them to create new intelligence content.
The enterprise search solution will be enabled by a Data Access Profile (DAP) logical system that remediates metadata between the enterprise search solution and the native data stores. The DAP consists of documentation and a reusable Application Programming Interface (API). The documentation defines the metadata application profile, or metadata schema, that interfaces with the enterprise search solution, to include field attributes and standards. The software API performs the function of remediating metadata as it is stored in the data repository into the schema as defined by the DAP documentation.
Berico is not your ordinary, stuffy Washington DC Government Contractor. As a small business, Berico is more like a family. We work out of a new modern/industrial office. We are an Amazon Web Services Standard Partner, and a Cloudera Silver Partner. We love DevOps, and leverage the latest open source technologies. We manage our own open source project: CLAVIN. We only hire the best people who share our intense passion for delivery. We care about work/life balance, and have regular company gatherings. We play board games and XBox in the office to clear our minds. We are a recognized innovator by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC). We are a two-time Best Places to Work awardee. We have unparalleled benefits for health, vision and dental, and support flexible work hours. We will sponsor up to $5k in annual training & certifications on technologies we use and want to build competencies in, and provide free access to learning materials like Linux Academy. We send high-performers to conferences. Come work with us, and you’ll be empowered to make an impact; you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to grow professionally and to take the company in new directions. We’re very excited to identify the best fit for our team, solve hard problems, and geek out!
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements
- Servant leader who facilitates teams toward their delivery objectives and helps build high performing, self managing teams
- Provides visibility into progress and impediments
- Supports flexible software and development, requirements analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (both new and legacy systems)Interacts continuously with customers and development team members to gather and refine requirements, ensure effective communication and implementation
- Analyzes and studies customer requirements to determine the most effective software and other technologies to satisfy their needs
- Designs, creates, tests, and maintains software, applications, and content solutions to satisfy customer requirements
- Builds quality into the product using test-early, build-small, automated testing and balanced scope to stay on schedule
- Follows a formal design process using formal user input, diagrams, and other accepted design techniques
- Adheres to standards, laws, and established guidelines for development and delivery software, applications and content solutions (e.g., software reuse, modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, fault tolerant)Coordinates creation and collection of necessary technology components and integrate them into a coherent design
- Designs and develops visually-pleasing, content-rich, user-friendly interfaces with intuitive navigation
- Develops and maintains software, application and content solution documentation to assist with software and application maintenance, enhancement, training and releases
- Provides software process management and configuration management throughout the software development life-cycle
- Active TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred or eligible)HS and 12+ yrs relevant experience; OR Associate's and 10+ yrs relevant exp; OR Bachelor's and 8+ yrs relevant experience; OR Master's and 6+ yrs of relevant exp; OR PhD and 4+ yrs of relevant exp
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming with Java
- Familiarity with Data Interchange Formats -e.g. JSON, XML
- Experience with Software Project Estimation
- Experience with Database Programming with Postgresql
- Experience building REST/SOAP services
- Experience with SCRUM/Agile -e.g. Use Cases, User Stories, Work Tasks, Atlassian JIRA, Confluence
- Experience with Requirements Analysis/Validation -e.g. Writing Unit Tests, User Interface Tests, etc
- Experience with UML Diagramming -e.g. Activity Diagrams, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams
- Experience debugging applications using logging, VM monitoring, etc
- Experience with Git/Github source control
- DoD 8570 Level I and applicable Computing Environment (CE) certifications (these will be required to be obtained/maintained)
- Experience with DoDAF -e.g. Operational Views, System Views, etc
- Familiarity with Jenkins/Hudson Build Management
- Familiarity with Testing Frameworks -e.g. Mockito
- Familiarity with Model View Controller (MVC), Single Page web Applications (SPA) -e.g. Angular, EmberJS, Backbone, React, etc
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) -e.g. EC2, CloudWatch, Management Console, VPC, etc
- Certification with AWS -e.g. DevOps, Solutions Architect, Developer
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)Tuition reimbursement program
- Many company happy hours and parties
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- ...Plus Much More!
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED