Software Engineer- TS/SCI
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Are you a talented, professional, and creative Software Engineer? Are you interested in building a highly visible, automated application that will be used throughout the IC? Do you want to work as part of an agile team that’s using the latest automation, big data, and cloud technologies? If so, we want to talk with you!
We are on the forefront of a 5-year program consisting of an interdisciplinary team of highly qualified individuals including client/server/database/systems developers and engineers. We are responsible for building next generation Mission Information Systems. We are creating an automated accreditation application that will be used across multiple IC and DOD agencies.
Berico is not your ordinary, stuffy Washington DC Government Contractor. As a small business, Berico is more like a family. We work out of a new modern/industrial office. We are an Amazon Web Services Standard Partner, and a Cloudera Silver Partner. We love DevOps, and leverage the latest open source technologies. We manage our own open source project: CLAVIN. We only hire the best people who share our intense passion for delivery. We care about work/life balance, and have regular company gatherings. We play board games and XBox in the office to clear our minds. We are a recognized innovator by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC). We are a two-time Best Places to Work awardee. We have unparalleled benefits for health, vision and dental, and support flexible work hours. We will sponsor up to $5k in annual training & certifications on technologies we use and want to build competencies in, and provide free access to learning materials like Linux Academy. We send high-performers to conferences. Come work with us, and you’ll be empowered to make an impact; you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to grow professionally and to take the company in new directions. We’re very excited to identify the best fit for our team, solve hard problems, and geek out!
- B.S. and three years professional experience OR seven years professional experience without a relevant degree
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise professional manner, tailored to the appropriate audience; including both verbal and written communications
- Thorough understanding of the following interfaces and formats: standard web service protocols (SOAP, REST, and OGC).
- Thorough understanding of developing web based systems from dynamic results of a relational database.
- Creates and fosters a collaborative environment
- Ability to work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation and frequently requires collaboration across multiple technical teams
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization internally and with partners externally
- One year of software development experience working with NGA and Mission Partner Programs
- Two or more years of experience/familiarity with reading, writing, debugging, updating (maintenance release/updates), and fixing custom software.
- Python development or scripting experience
- Experience using Cloud Infrastructure, preferably AWS Managed Services like EC2, EBS, S3, IAM, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, Config, KMS, etc.
#WeWantYou - Please do not assume you are unqualified. We want you to apply if you:
- Meet the minimum requirements and have a strong work ethic and willingness to learn
- Are team-oriented, and passionate about delivering great cloud-based solutions
- Are confident and willing to tactfully and respectfully argue for your beliefs
- Are willing to gain a solid understanding of the government, consumer, and commercial, and market trends and requirements
- Work well in an Agile SCRUM and DevOps environment
- Can work well with software developers and a plethora of different personality types
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 days paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Many company happy hours and parties
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- Plus, Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.