Scrum Master (TS/SCI)
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: Reston, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
Berico seeks a Scrum Master who is a very strong facilitator with excellent planning and organizational skills in a software development environment. This position will be a critical role on a new five year contract, supporting various systems across project teams. The Scrum Master will support scrum teams utilizing Agile/Scrum methodology, working closely with the development team and product owners (may be government and contractor staff/leadership), to essentially manage sprint backlogs, sprint ceremonies, groom product backlogs and to manage prioritization and work assignment using user stories, epics, and sub-tasks.
Berico is not your ordinary, stuffy Washington DC Government Contractor. As a small business, Berico is more like a family. We work out of a new modern/industrial office. We are an AWS Standard Partner, and a Cloudera Silver Partner. We love DevOps, and leverage the latest open source technologies. We manage our own open source project: CLAVIN. We only hire the best people who share our intense passion for staying current with software development standards and delivery. We care about work/life balance, and have regular company gatherings. We play board games and XBox in the office to clear our minds. We are a recognized innovator by the Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC). We are a two-time Best Places to Work awardee. We have unparalleled benefits for health, vision and dental, and support flexible work hours. We will sponsor up to $5k in annual training & certifications on technologies we use and want to build competencies in, and provide free access to learning materials like Linux Academy. We send high-performers to conferences. Come work with us, and you’ll be empowered to make an impact; you’ll have the freedom and flexibility to grow professionally and to take the company in new directions. We’re very excited to identify the best fit for our team, solve hard problems, and geek out!
We are the prime contractor on a 5-year program, leading an interdisciplinary project team of roughly 30+ highly qualified individuals that is comprised of client/server/database/systems developers and engineers, testers, UI/UX designers, and requirements managers. We are responsible for building next generation Mission Information Systems for an exciting Government customer with a very critical mission. We are performing greenfield Software Development using modern technologies via an Agile DevOps approach: ReactJS, Java, Spring, microservices, .NET Core 2, C#, Docker, Jenkins, and Hadoop among others. Our integration and test environments are running in Amazon Web Services (AWS). And we are supporting our customer’s migration to the C2S and SC2S AWS environments by performing cloud-native application development. We are also maintaining a set of legacy systems until the modern applications are ready for cutover, which will take place in phased releases over the next year. For these, we are performing brownfield development and tier-3 operations and maintenance.
- Leads scrum/agile sprints with multiple software development teams, each of which are supporting document and media exploitation (DOMEX) for the rapid collection, processing, dissemination, and sharing of data.
- Leads daily stand-ups, drives team to overcome project impediments, participates in scrum-of-scrums ceremonies
- Provides management with visibility into sprint and/or release progress towards defined goals (using burn-down charts, dashboards, velocity reporting)
- Manages sprint and product backlogs, working with product owners to ensure appropriate prioritization, assignment, and status
- Administration of Jira projects and Confluence Wiki pages
- Support Agile Release Train progress through dependency/risk escalation
- Support DevOps principles and execution through adherence to scrum principles for software teams' development activities
- Active TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
- HS and 8+ yrs relevant experience; OR Associate's and 6+ yrs relevant exp; OR Bachelor's and 4+ yrs relevant experience; OR Master's and 2+ yrs of relevant exp; OR PhD
- Experience with Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Certified Agile Scrum Master (SAFe practioner preferred)
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, and/or Confluence
- Solid tech requirements gathering and documentation skills
- Can communicate well with non-technical and technical team members (government and contractor staff, engineers, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in iterative methodologies (Agile/Scrum)- leading Scrum meetings, develop Sprints backlogs, Product Backlogs, Generating Sprint/Release Burn Down Charts, and/or Develop User Stories
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle for implementing enterprise level systems
- Understanding of the role of software development tools and processes such as version control, defect and issue trackers, build processes, team collaboration tools
- Experience with Google Apps for Business Office Suite
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, especially Billing and CloudWatch
- Very competitive salary based on qualifications and experience
- Comprehensive, medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage for you and your family.
- 401(k) & 4% match (vested day 1)
- 15 day paid time off (plus 10 Federal holidays)
- Individually focused training paths
- Annual book allowance and online technical and business library subscriptions
- Employer paid parking (at HQ locations)
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Many company happy hours and parties
- Company Sponsored Conferences
- Flexible schedule (Based on supervisor approval)
- Plus Much More
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED