Scrum Master (TS/SCI)
Consulting - Technical Solutions
Job Title: Scrum Master
Location: Herndon, VA
Clearance: Active TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
Berico seeks a Scrum Master who is a very strong facilitator with excellent planning and organizational skills in a software development environment. This position will be a critical role on a new five year contract, supporting various systems across project teams. The Scrum Master will support scrum teams utilizing Agile/Scrum methodology, working closely with the development team and product owners (may be government and contractor staff/leadership), to essentially manage sprint backlogs, sprint ceremonies, groom product backlogs and to manage prioritization and work assignment using user stories, epics, and sub-tasks.
The goal of this program is to provide a cloud-based solution that works within DI2E standardized frameworks and architecture to provide visualization across the enterprise, integrating data through a service layer, and enhancing current functionality. This work will allow for end-to-end trace-ability and management of Commander’s Critical Information Requirements (CCIRs) among others, as well as workflow tracking and monitoring using a modular, open architecture construct with data and application layers, and scale existing systems for enterprise use.
- Leads scrum/agile sprints with multiple software development teams, each of which are supporting document and media exploitation (DOMEX) for the rapid collection, processing, dissemination, and sharing of data.
- Leads daily stand-ups, drives team to overcome project impediments, participates in scrum-of-scrums ceremonies
- Provides management with visibility into sprint and/or release progress towards defined goals (using burn-down charts, dashboards, velocity reporting)
- Manages sprint and product backlogs, working with product owners to ensure appropriate prioritization, assignment, and status
- Administration of Jira projects and Confluence Wiki pages
- Support Agile Release Train progress through dependency/risk escalation
- Support DevOps principles and execution through adherence to scrum principles for software teams' development activities
- Active TS/SCI (CI Poly preferred or eligible)
- HS and 8+ yrs relevant experience; OR Associate's and 6+ yrs relevant exp; OR Bachelor's and 4+ yrs relevant experience; OR Master's and 2+ yrs of relevant exp; OR PhD
- Experience with Microsoft Office; especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
- Certified Agile Scrum Master (SAFe practioner preferred)
- Experience with Atlassian JIRA, and/or Confluence
- Solid tech requirements gathering and documentation skills
- Can communicate well with non-technical and technical team members (government and contractor staff, engineers, etc)
- Demonstrated experience in iterative methodologies (Agile/Scrum)- leading Scrum meetings, develop Sprints backlogs, Product Backlogs, Generating Sprint/Release Burn Down Charts, and/or Develop User Stories
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills In-depth understanding of the software development life cycle for implementing enterprise level systems
- Understanding of the role of software development tools and processes such as version control, defect and issue trackers, build processes, team collaboration tools
- Experience with Google Apps for Business Office Suite
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services, especially Billing and CloudWatch
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where diversity leads to innovation.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED