Merchandise Planning Manager
New York /
Merchandising – Buying & Merchandising /
Since 2011, Bespoke Post has been introducing our customers to small, under-the-radar brands and goods through a multi-category membership service and full e-commerce shop. Whether it’s starting a fun new hobby, elevating your personal style, tasting an unfamiliar flavor, or just finding something that makes life that little bit easier—Bespoke Post is all about discovery.
We’re looking for an analytical, problem-solving, ultra-organized Planning Manager to support our growing e-commerce and subscription business. The Planning Manager will partner across Finance and Merchandising to implement the overall vision and strategy for the planning function as well as support both teams cross functional projects.
In this role, you’ll help us forecast demand and manage inventory to meet our customers’ needs across brands, categories and sales channels. You will oversee merchandise planning for not only our third-party brands but also for our in-house private label lines. You’ll be a key stakeholder in ensuring the right level of owned inventory to meet our monthly sales goals and ensure a healthy inventory position. Based on analytics and data trends, you’ll develop and guide proactive merchandise insights and recommendations to maximize opportunities and minimize risk.
This role reports to our CFO.
- Develop and deliver merchandise analysis including hindsight and in-season performance trends to inform and guide decision making at all levels.
- Assist in development of annual and monthly financial plans, both tops down and bottoms up, for all channels including subscription (Box), e-commerce (Shop), Private Label as well as other key revenue-generating programs; Ensure plans align with growth strategies across Merchandising teams.
- Maintain rolling revenue forecasts and regularly analyze year-to-date performance against plans, identifying risks and opportunities and re-forecasting at the category level as needed.
- Develop monthly demand plans for all active Private Label products based on history, trend and promotional cadence.
- Forecast demand for regularly scheduled and repeat subscription boxes.
- Guide and optimize Shop and Private Label re-order process and tools to ensure strong in-stock position on best-sellers.
- Oversee monthly Open-To-Buy process; Review inventory productivity including MOS and Turn, review actual to planned receipts, identify areas of opportunity and make recommendations to adjust future receipt plans.
- Monitor sell through of inventory across all products and review age of inventory in order optimize inventory levels; Serve as key owner of recommendations for inventory strategies including reallocation across channels, markdown and liquidation activities.
- Project estimated monthly inventory levels for all boxes with remnant units; Make recommendations for optimal disposition of remnant box inventory including channel reallocation.
- Manage monthly lifecycle status review and make recommendations for status changes while balancing stock-to-sales and margin goals.
- Partner with Finance and Merchandising teams to align on inventory reduction strategies and develop processes to execute them.
- Lead the planning team in recommending potential systems and process enhancements relating to Planning activities.
- Work out of our Manhattan office 2+ days a week in a hybrid environment
The ideal candidate:
- Has 6+ years related work experience in merchandising planning.
- Has 1-2+ years experience managing a planning team.
- Has a positive attitude, is self-motivated, and shows critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
- Has the ability to influence, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization in a face-faced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong analytical skills, proven ability to set up models that translate data into actionable information to help inform business decisions and drive results.
- Can think objectively, interpreting and presenting meaningful themes from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Has excellent problem solving, critical thinking, project management, and communication skills.
- Has an agile mindset and is able to pivot quickly.
- Operates with a “no task is too small” attitude.
- Has strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets
Bonus points for:
- Subscription and e-commerce experience.
- Looker experience.
Benefits & Perks:
- Company equity
- 401k with company contribution
- Health, dental, and vision coverage with FSA options
- Paid parental leave
- Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Flexible schedule.
- Unlimited vacation time.
- Learning budget
- A free Bespoke Post box each month, plus additional discounts
- Regular team learning, social, and wellness events
We are proud to uphold an environment free of discrimination. Bespoke Post is an equal opportunity workplace and we recognize that our success is dependent on having an inclusive, collaborative team that is as diverse as, if not more than, the products we ship.