Marketing Manager - Retention/Lifecycle
New York /
Marketing – Marketing /
Bespoke Post is a lifestyle brand dedicated to helping our members discover under-the-radar Goods and Guidance that enrich their day to day experiences. Through our innovative subscription commerce & e-commerce platform, we combine lifestyle goods with immersive content to ignite curiosity and confidence in our customers. Working with Bespoke Post means being part of a smart, collaborative, and nimble team, and being able to have an immediate impact on a growing company.
We’re looking for a Retention Marketing Lifecycle Manager to help us build and nurture relationships with customers and subscribers by creating meaningful touchpoints and experiences. You will manage the strategy behind any triggered/transactional emails, recurring campaigns, drip series, and custom lifecycle flows. This role reports to the Director of Retention Marketing, and will oversee cross-channel nurturing campaigns from end to end, from creating new personalized email flows to testing, QAing, executing, and analyzing performance. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams in order to support cross-channel initiatives that meet higher-level business goals. Additionally, you will manage SMS marketing communications, Club Membership emails, on-site promos and retention initiatives, marketing automation, and loyalty programs.
- Develop strategies and implementation plans for lifecycle campaigns and enhanced personalization using segmentation and dynamic content in email, through SMS and on site.
- Create dynamic and personalized journeys across a variety of lifecycle stages, ranging from cart abandonment to disengaged customers using both automated, multi-stage, and one-off communications.
- Coordinate execution of automated emails and SMS campaigns from start to finish, including: strategy, timeline, testing, review, QA, building, analyzing, and reporting out.
- Track performance and communicate key learnings, actionable insights, and recommended iterations and next steps on key retention initiatives.
- Partner with Product, Merchandising, Design, and Customer Experience teams on cross-functional campaigns and to promote products and features across multiple channels and touchpoints, from SMS to on-site to in-shipment.
- Continually optimize KPIs through ongoing experimentation, segmentation, and personalization.
- Work out of our New York City office in a hybrid model.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 4-6+ years of experience in an email marketing, CRM, marketing automation, or customer lifecycle role.
- Has experience reviewing behavioral reports and building email campaigns/workflows to drive behavior.
- Possesses a strong knowledge of best practices for email, creative, segmentation, personalization, dynamic content, and building customer journey series.
- Has hands-on experience with working in an ESP (we use Sailthru) and creating automated/triggered programs.
- Shows strong analytical abilities and a high aptitude for testing, experimentation, and analyses.
- Has a working knowledge of HTML for email.
- Has outstanding attention to detail and ability to find the smallest issue or edge case in multi-part, cross-channel communications.
- Stellar project management and organization skills, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well with other teams.
- Takes a positive, scrappy approach to work that is proactive, independent and results-driven - you’ll be starting from scratch and building in many areas.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with e-commerce and subscription services.
- Familiarity with programming languages.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, dental, and vision coverage with FSA options
- 401k with company contribution
- Company equity
- Paid parental leave
- Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited vacation time
- Learning allowance
- Home office allowance
- A free Bespoke Post box each month, plus additional discounts
- Regular team learning, social, and wellness events
We are proud to uphold an environment free of discrimination. Bespoke Post is an equal opportunity workplace and we recognize that our success is dependent on having an inclusive, collaborative team that is as diverse as, if not more than, the products we ship.