UX / UI Designer
Technology – Product
Leading the mobility services revolution!
Are you passionate about the potential for technology to reinvent transportation, reduce congestion and pollution while improving the quality of life for commuters and travelers around the world? That’s what we’re doing at Bestmile, building the world’s first Mobility Services Platform that streamlines and automates manned and autonomous vehicle fleets, making public and private transportation safe, efficient, and accessible to all.
Still reading? Great! At Bestmile, we’re passionate about making an impact, and we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset. It’s the people who ultimately determine the impact that can be made. That’s why creating a culture based on trust, respect, and communication that empowers our employees is our top priority. Our global team consists of people from 23 nationalities working together in Lausanne, Switzerland and San Francisco, California in the United States.
As a member of our Product Management team, you will participate in the definition of multiple web/mobile sites and applications driven by strong ergonomic needs.
You will be working on our applications interfaces, designing and developing trendy UX/UI. In full coordination with our Development team, you will be responsible for the look & feel of our websites and applications.
You will Envision a brand new user experience for the revolution of transportation Bestmile is participating in creating. Our vision merges traditional public transit with newcomer on-demand ride-hailing. Not only to move people efficiently, but also to smartly integrate flexible services into an emerging urban infrastructure that has never existed before.
- You are creative, have a passion for design and love responsive websites & applications. You have a strong web culture and understand the current trends. As a free thinker, you are not afraid to break conventions in order to achieve the best possible user experience.
- You can demonstrate skills in designing & prototyping rich web applications, which result in smooth user interactions.
Roles & Responsibiities
- Executing various UX/UI design activities throughout the product development lifecycle from discovery iteratively, from concept through delivery.
- Work closely with product management, engineering, operators, and other stake holders.
- Keeping high-level vision in mind while creating comprehensive wireframes and high-fidelity mockups.
- Embrace agile methodology.
- Facilitate iterative development cycle by producing lightweight mockups for user-centric stories so that all stakeholders (developers/qa/pm) can agree upon precisely the deliverables.
- Empathetic to users including operators and travelers,
- Present designs and be an advocate for user-centric solutions.
- Conduct comprehensive user studies, develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications, style guides and design patterns.
- Relevant work experience in designing complex mobile and web solutions for complete digital environments, especially in transit domain (public or p2p) or innovative industry.
- You have a relevant degree with at least 5 years' experience.
- Work in a fast-faced agile shop, ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently under pressure.
- Design to the platform, leverage platform specificities such as Android v.s. iOS.
- Strong belief and appreciation in Agile/Scrum and Lean software development practices is highly preferred. We provide agile training but prefer that you have already worked in such environments and understand the challenges it entails on design.
- Strong knowledge of industry standard mobile and web technologies (Android/iOS/React)
- Passion in help people to live better and move the city in a smart way.
- Devotion to accountability in one’s work.
- Ability to work and thrive in effectively on parallel product lines and collaborate with a culturally diverse cross-functional team delivering turn-key solution.
- Must be Fluent in English / French good to have.
- Swiss or EU passport holder.
- Must be Fluent in English / French is good to have.
- Swiss or EU passport holder.
- bestowed with a high EQ and sense of humour.
- Good communicator / listener to gather people behind a common flag!