Senior Product Quality Engineer - Electromechanical Assembly | Quality
South Burlington, VT
R&D SUPPORT – Quality /
Full Time Exempt
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
BETA Technologies is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer who will support Engineering, Production, Quality Control, as well as Program Management in:
- New product development-
- Manufacturing integration
- Product and process quality sustainment and continual improvement-
Technical data creation, documentation and execution within the QMS
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Review quality requirements on new contracts and ensure compliance
- Draft program quality plans, as needed, to meet customer requirements
- Assist Design Engineering on DFMEAs, design reviews, and quality approval of ECOs
- Assist Manufacturing Engineering on PFMEAs, approving standard work instructions, and addressing production quality issues
- Create part specific control plans
- Assist Quality Control in creating inspection plans, equipment calibration plans, performing Gage R&R activities, and approving FAIRs
- Responsible for any automated optical inspection equipment on the production floor
- Review nonconforming product and drive MRB activities
- Drive nonconformity and corrective action activities
- Drive review and approval of deviation/waiver requests
- Issue QNs/PNs internally and to suppliers, as needed
- Serve as an Ad hoc internal quality auditor to ensure we comply with AS9100 and QMS requirements
- Assist Test Engineering to write ATPs and FTPs
- Implement SPC and process capability studies on the production floor, as needed
- Participate in developing, writing, and qualifying QMS process documents
- Completion of any required FAA forms
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking (your Knowledge, Experience, and Abilities):
- Four-year degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in a quality engineering role
- Minimum of two years of industry experience supporting battery manufacturing
- Must have direct working experience in one of more of the following: battery OCV testing, battery leak testing, battery vibration testing, battery HIL testing, battery pack environmental sealing, or qualifying batteries to safety standards
- Experience working in a manufacturing company that is certified to SAE AS9100 or ISO 9001
- Excellent written and verbal communication; attention to detail; bias for action; good analytical skills and logical thinking
- Experience using problem-solving techniques such as 8D, 5 Why, Ishikawa, or A3
- Working knowledge of ASME Y14.5
- Experience with statistical methods
- Experience using an online ERP system and Microsoft Office or Google word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation apps
- APQP and PPAP expertise is a plus
- ASQ certification is a plus, as is Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certification.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.