Raleigh, NC /
Engineering – Airborne Electronic Hardware /
Full Time Exempt
The Electronics Engineer will work as part of the team developing BETA’s electric aircraft and supporting systems. As an Electronics Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and development of electronic systems used for flight controls, health monitoring, and battery management. In this role, you will work as part of an integrated team developing airworthy electronic components for Beta’s electric aircraft and participate in certification activities.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Design and develop electronics for flight controls and HUMS systems used in electric aviation
- Design electronic hardware including input power and input signal filters to meet the EMI/EMC requirements of MIL-STD-461, DO-160
- Capture schematics to support printed circuit board assembly functions
- Design digital circuits using clocked components such as digital ICs, microprocessors, muxes, buffers, ASICs, FPGAs, logic gates, memory devices and serial communication devices such as CAN bus, ARINC-429 or RS-232
- Design using grounding, bonding, and isolation techniques to meet EMI/EMC requirements
- Design isolated digital communication interfaces
- Design analog signal input conditioning circuits
- Set up, execute, and analyze circuit simulations using PSpice or other circuit simulation tools.
- Compute power budgets and perform thermal analyses
- Calculate board-level reliability estimates
- Use standard lab probing and troubleshooting test equipment
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- B.S. (M.S. desired) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in electronics design and schematic capture using Altium or equivalent
- Experience with SPICE-based modeling software for power electronics (PSIM, LTSpice, etc).
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Experienced in PCB layout and knowledgeable about assembly standards
- Advanced Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, focusing on controls
- Experience working within GIT version control or other configuration management practices
- Experience with requirements-based design
- Understanding of or experience with component derating
- Experience with PCBA DFM guidance
- Ability to evaluate transfer functions for gain, phase margin and stability in the frequency domain and stability and step response in the time domain
- Familiarity with embedded software development in C
- Pilot’s license
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.