Test Engineer – Lift Kit
South Burlington, VT /
ENGINEERING – 01-7010-230 Lift Kit /
Full Time Exempt
At BETA Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
BETA Technologies is seeking a driven test engineer to support lift kit development and help shape the future of electric aviation. In this role, you will be responsible for designing and executing tests on lift kit components to ensure they meet industry standards. You will work closely with testing facilities to ensure proper test execution and with the engineering team to identify and resolve issues, as well as document and report on test results.
As an integral member of BETA's growing team, you will be highly motivated to work with dynamic, cross-functional groups to ensure the success of the aircraft through certification.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Write test requirements and test plans for lift kit components
- Work closely with internal design & test teams as well as testing suppliers & labs to plan test campaigns
- Create and maintain testing schedules
- Support test execution which may include traveling to test facilities
- Analyze test data and write test reports as required to support development and certification activities
- Ensure testing is completed in accordance with the test plan
- Investigate the root cause of failures and collaborate with the design team to improve the product
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- BS in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering, or a related degree from an accredited university
- 5+ years of experience in physical testing and analysis of mechanical systems
- Experience with DAQ systems for analog and digital systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, team player
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing needs and requirements
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Experience with component/system testing for rotors, blades and/or propellers
- Aerospace certification testing experience
- Experience in composites and metallic structural analysis as well as modal/vibration analysis
- Labview and Matlab experience
- Experience with test instrumentation (displacement, acceleration, load and strain)
- CAD skills
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.