Final Assembly Line: Harnesses and Electrical Systems - Manufacturing Engineer | Manufacturing
South Burlington, VT
R&D SUPPORT – Manufacturing Engineering /
Full Time Exempt
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
We are changing aerospace. BETA is seeking a passionate, outside-the-box thinker who will work with and guide the manufacturing teams to continue developing and implementing manufacturing processes for Final Assembly Line (FAL). You will work with a bright and motivated cross-functional team, and develop solutions to enable aerospace production at rate. Your work will bring the highest safety, quality, and efficiency while reducing overall, long-term costs. Your level of involvement will begin in the design phase of new programs all the way to stable, reliable production.
Harnesses and Electrical Systems is responsible for the installation and integration of the harness, low voltage system, and high voltage system into the airframe.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Plan and implement layouts for manufacturing of harness and electrical system assemblies
- Develop work instructions and sequences, with respect to engineering requirements and industry specifications using different software such as PLEX and 3DX.
- Participate in the defining tooling requirements, assembly, and implementation of various production equipment according to the optimal methodology taking into account the health/safety component.
- Develop manufacturing process schedule for aircraft systems in Microsoft Project.
- Complete Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA) for multiple aircraft systems
- Define and create Condition of Supply (COS) documentation and coordinate with Sub-System Assembly or vendors
- Create and maintain manufacturing bill of materials (MBOM) for multiple aircraft systems and push through all PLM/ERP software.
- Define and own all tooling and equipment needed for multiple aircraft system installations.
- Analyze throughput, waste, scrap, and rework and implement improvements for rate and quality
- Establish and implement manufacturing control plans to meet design intent as required.
- Participate in and/or lead manufacturing reviews with the R&D team.
- Select equipment vendors, accurately scope work, follow the CapEx process, and execute capital projects to schedule and budget.
- Select, scope, negotiate and manage vendors for manufacturing support as needed.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Experience in aircraft harnesses, high voltage DC systems, or distributed aircraft systems.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (mechanical design, electrical design, software, quality, supply chain, certification, manufacturing).
- Flexibility and comfort in working in a quickly changing environment.
- Experience with CAD design - Catia 3DX or Solidworks preferred
- Experience in a manufacturing environment creating work instructions, leading a manufacturing team, and/or performing production and process planning and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of design for assembly, lean manufacturing, and capacity planning techniques
- Adept at interpreting and understanding engineering documentation, such as drawings and specifications.
- Adept at interpreting and understanding quality documentation and requirements.
- Exposure to rapid manufacturing growth and preferably startup experience
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally
- Working knowledge of a large variety of materials (aluminum, steel, composites, foam, etc.)
- Familiarity with electrical safety standards
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Knowledge of quality system requirements related to the FAA, especially AS9100 & 14 CFR Part 21
- Experience in a leadership role or managing teams
- Past work in aerospace or other highly regulated industry
- Experience in designing, project managing, and landing manufacturing lines from beginning to end
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift 25 lbs
- Able to be on feet for 8 hrs per day as required
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.