Senior Electrical Engineer - Ground Support Equipment | Charge
South Burlington, VT
CHARGE – Charge Engineering /
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Develop system architectures and distill hardware components into subassemblies, circuits, and board designs
- Ability to design new products across multiple dimensions including; cost, reliability, efficiency, and features
- Develop from the low level circuit design to full-scale, integrated system design and see those systems all the way through to volume manufacturing and field deployment
- Troubleshoot and rework electrical equipment and printed circuit boards.
- Develop test and verification plans for your product designs
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar with 3 years of experience in electrical engineering, preferably in power electronics or electric vehicle industries
- Proven experience with analog and power component selection, circuit design, simulation, and test
- Excellent documentation skills for schematics, bills of materials, test plans, and data
- Working knowledge of communications protocols including CAN, SPI, I2C, MODBUS, TCP/IP, RS-485.
- DFMEA/FMEA analysis and hardware safety testing
- Ability to read, interpret, and design according to safety or general standards
- Experience with bringing your product up to compliance via 3rd parties such as UL, CE, or others
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Working knowledge of electric vehicle charging standards including J1772, ISO 15118, DIN 70121, ISO 61851.
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering
- >5 years of industry experience in electrical design for electric vehicle interfaces and charging systems
- Embedded systems programming experience
- Experience designing and testing for EMI mitigation and EMC.
- Strong communication skills, being a proactive team player, comfortable defining your own tasks, and strong. foundation of problem-solving skills, design of experiments, and simulation techniques.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.