Embedded Software Engineer - Ground Support Equipment | Charge
South Burlington, VT
CHARGE – Charge Engineering /
Full Time Exempt
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture. We are seeking a highly skilled Embedded Programmer who is passionate about creating efficient and reliable software for embedded systems and has a proven track record of working with microcontrollers and peripherals. In this role, you will collaborate with our multidisciplinary team to design, develop, and optimize embedded software for our ground-based systems.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Develop and maintain embedded software applications using C/C++ programming language for various microcontroller platforms.
- Collaborate with hardware engineers to define software requirements and specifications for new products.
- Write efficient, reliable, and maintainable code for controlling peripherals, communication interfaces, and other hardware components.
- Debug and troubleshoot software and hardware integration issues, ensuring seamless operation of the final product.
- Participate in the design and implementation of device drivers, firmware, and real-time operating systems (RTOS).
- Optimize software for performance, memory usage, and power consumption.
- Create and execute test plans to verify the functionality and reliability of embedded software.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends, technologies, and best practices in embedded systems development.
- Provide technical documentation and support for internal teams and external partners.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field with + 3 years of related experience developing embedded software for power electronics applications.
- Proven experience in embedded software development using C/C++ programming languages.
- Strong familiarity with Texas Instruments Code Composer Studio (CCS) development environment.
- Experience with microcontrollers, microprocessors, and various communication protocols (e.g., UART, SPI, I2C, CAN).
- Solid understanding of real-time operating systems (RTOS) and multi-threaded/multi-core software design.
- Knowledge of hardware-software interaction, memory management, and peripheral interfacing.
- Proficiency in debugging and troubleshooting embedded systems using tools like oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and JTAG debuggers.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills to convey technical concepts effectively.
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Experience with other IDEs and development tools, such as Keil, IAR Embedded Workbench, or MPLAB.
- Knowledge of software version control systems (e.g., Git, SVN) and bug tracking tools.
- Familiarity with wireless communication protocols (e.g., Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Zigbee).
- Understanding of hardware description languages (e.g., Verilog, VHDL) and digital signal processing (DSP) concepts.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.