Project Manager - Manufacturing Structural Assembly | Manufacturing
South Burlington, VT
R&D SUPPORT – Manufacturing Engineering /
Full Time Exempt
Position Summary: At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture. The ideal candidate is self directed and capable of providing tactical and strategic project management for structural assembly manufacturing engineering teams. The candidate will be highly adept at collaborating with internal and external teams such as design engineering, supply chain, quality, safety, and production systems along with suppliers, contractors, and consultants. We are looking for a person who enjoys working in complex technical environments and who is creative and dedicated to be a part of our people-centric culture.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- You will work as an integral part of a cross functional manufacturing team to support the evolution of flight. Key to your responsibilities will be supporting the structural assembly manufacturing team to coordinate, track, and facilitate progress towards the start up and steady state operation of the production system. You will be a primary partner of the manufacturing engineering lead for all aspects of equipment capability, systems integration, and regulatory certification. Ongoing support of the production operations team will also be critical to ensure success. Regular report-outs of progress to plan, financial tracking and planning, and risk management will be critical to ensure success of each area.
Minimum Qualifications We are seeking:
- 3+ years of project management experience in high tech/complexity manufacturing, engineering, operations, and supply chain
- Experience in composite aircraft engineering and/or manufacturing
- Understanding of the manufacturing validation process in relation to new products (methodology, validation plans, associated KPIs)
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with team members throughout the organization
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to be organized without predetermined structure
- Able to be a pragmatic and creative thinker when solving complex problem in a dynamic environment
- Willingness to be a team player and wear different hats on different days depending on the need
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related technical field highly desired
- Familiar with: Microsoft Office/G-Suite, Project Management software (i.e. Microsoft Project, Asana, etc.)
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Familiarity with aerospace regulations, specifically FAR part 21
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.