CMM Programmer/Operator - 2nd Shift | Quality
South Burlington, VT
R&D SUPPORT – Quality /
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
Position functions as the 2nd shift programmer/operator of a Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM) and its software to develop dimensional inspection plans for both incoming and in-house manufactured product to determine conformity. The ideal candidate is proficient in using the CMM and its software, and has experience in visual inspection and the use of precision dimensional inspection equipment including, but not limited to, calipers and micrometers.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Inspects incoming materials using precision measuring instruments, including but not limited to a CMM to determine conformance to product specifications and Aerospace Standards as required
- Interpret technical documents and develop a dimensional inspection plan
- Perform First Article Inspections per AS9100.
- Complete required documentation.
- Maintain measuring equipment, including but not limited to calibration of styli
- Maintain a clean work environment, and comply with safety requirements.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and Engineering drawings
- At least 3 years experience in manufacturing operations
- Experience performing dimensional inspections using a CMM and working knowledge of GD&T
- Experienced with standard measurement tools such as calipers, micrometers, and gage blocks
- Proficient in the use of computer applications such as Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and/or web based software.
- Basic and/or Advanced training or knowledge of Zeiss Calypso Software.
- Attention to detail.
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.5
- Working knowledge of CAD software including Catia, or Onshape.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems such as AS9100
- Knowledge of FAA regulations and Aerospace conformity requirements
- Experienced interfacing with Business Enterprise System such as Plex.
- Experience with Inspection software such as InspectionXpert, or equivalent reporting software
- Experience working with a manufacturing team to develop new processes.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Ability to work in a manufacturing environment using OSHA required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Ability to stand for extended periods of time and lift a minimum of 50lbs.
Each of our backgrounds influences how we evaluate our own abilities. Research reveals that BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, those from working-class backgrounds, individuals with disabilities, and other marginalized groups may hesitate to apply for roles if they don't meet all the requirements. Many skills can be learned on the job. If you can envision contributing value to our community and meet most criteria, we encourage you to apply.
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder