Manufacturing Engineer Lead - Structural Assembly | Manufacturing
South Burlington, VT
R&D SUPPORT – Manufacturing Engineering /
Full Time Exempt
At Beta Technologies, together we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
As a Manufacturing Engineer working within the Structural Assembly team, you will be actively participating in product development and design-driven towards lean manufacturing capabilities, assembly flow, maintainability, functional testing, and tooling requirements as well as troubleshooting structures/systems installation on the production line.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Drive operation excellence and continuous improvement programs working in conjunction with manufacturing, design, and leadership
- Direct all functions of manufacturing engineering across the structural assembly work cell to ensure the supply of products at the highest level of quality
- Demonstrated ability using FMEA & DOE techniques to determine root cause and execute corrective actions of manufacturing process problems, workmanship defects, test failures, etc.
- Develop, coordinate, lead, and execute operational plans in the achievement of company goals, including driving compliance with business requirements
- Use of Lean Six Sigma tools to lead development and implementation of Lean Initiative to drive continuous product improvements, integrate automation solutions, and increase yield
- In collaboration with manufacturing leadership manage production volumes, costs, quality, and yields to ensure targets are met and improvements are made throughout the value-stream
- Design and implementation of manufacturing aids and tools to assist with precision locating, drilling, and fastening of structures
- Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration, and completion of operations within projects
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to generate and deliver effective presentations such as manufacturing readiness, production planning, and capacity yield studies
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (mechanical design, electrical design, software, quality, supply chain, certification, manufacturing)
- Ability and desire to lead a team of diverse individuals driving toward lean manufacturing-related solutions
- Flexibility and comfort in working in a quickly changing environment.
- Direct experience working as a Leader in a Lean/Manufacturing Engineering position
- Experience with CAD design - 3DX and Delmia preferred
- Experience with ERP system tools – PLEX will be considered an asset
- Willingness to travel domestically or internationally (Canada)
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment creating work instructions, leading a manufacturing team, and/or performing production and process planning and troubleshooting
- Knowledgeable with ASTM, AS/ISO9001, and Type Cert Aircraft processes.
- Understanding of design for assembly, lean manufacturing, and capacity planning techniques
- Adept at interpreting and understanding engineering documentation, such as drawings and specifications
- Adept at interpreting and understanding quality documentation and requirements
- Working knowledge of a large variety of materials aluminum, steel, composites, foam, etc. as well as fasteners Cherry Maxibolts, Hi-Lites/Loks, Composi-lok Type 3
- Knowledge of manual/automated drilling techniques, tooling, robotics, and hardware
- Knowledge of aircraft structures, systems, or interiors will be considered an asset
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.