Production Planner | Supply Chain
South Burlington, VT
SUPPLY CHAIN – Supply Chain /
Full Time Exempt /
At Beta Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
BETA Technologies is seeking a Production Planner to help define the future of flight. You will work with a highly motivated, cross-functional team to bring a radical aircraft to production. Bringing innovation to planning, you will be a critical part of BETA realizing its aggressive manufacturing goals while ensuring the highest standards of quality and safety in the industry. This means stepping in and providing an immediate positive impact to BETA in our march to full production.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Coordinate production workflow for multiple aircraft systems
- End-to-end work order management and maintenance
- Maintain world-class production standards of quality and safety
- Coordinate and prioritize work in an extremely dynamic environment
- Understand and execute material requirements planning (MRP), capacity planning, and other advanced material planning needs
- Track material shortages for work orders, kits, and sub-assemblies based on bill-of-material or drawings
- Create and implement processes to evolve our ERP system
- Work alongside our purchasing team and inventory management to resolve any critical part shortages that will jeopardize the production schedule
- Help quantify manpower, process needs, and materials required to grow production
- Use and maintain the current ERP system to improve the production process and enhance production capability
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Comfortable with frequent changes of direction, dynamic work environment, and passion to perform under pressure
- 7+ years of direct experience in production planning, preferred experience in manufacturing or in an environment with a similarly intense level of quality and traceability requirements
- Extremely strong communication skills
- Strong background in problem-solving and leadership
- Skilled in mathematics, specifically in statistics and data analysis
- Demonstrated proficiency using an ERP system, document and production control, and work orders. Experience with Epicor, SAP, Plex, or Oracle will prepare you for success.
- Exposure to rapid manufacturing growth and preferably startup experience
- Strong ability to perform both as a part of a team and to perform as an individual
- Desire to change the world of aviation forever
- A passion for flight!
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- APICS Certification
- Direct experience in Aerospace
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Each of our backgrounds influences how we evaluate our own abilities. Research reveals that BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, those from working-class backgrounds, individuals with disabilities, and other marginalized groups may hesitate to apply for roles if they don't meet all the requirements. Many skills can be learned on the job. If you can envision contributing value to our community and meet most criteria, we encourage you to apply.
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (email@example.com). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder