Configuration & Release Engineer - Systems & Test Equipment
South Burlington, VT
TESTING & AIRWORTHINESS – Systems /
Full Time Exempt /
At Beta Technologies, we apply our intellectual curiosity, passion for aviation, and commitment to sustainability toward a shared mission of revolutionizing electric aviation. Regardless of the position one holds, each team member brings their talent and desire to positively impact the environment and lives of others in a refreshing, vibrant, and inclusive culture.
The Configuration & Release Engineer manages the change management processes specifying and maintaining the configuration effectivity and design documentation for aircraft system design and associated test equipment.
The Configuration & Release Engineer works cross-functionally with Certification Engineers, Systems Engineers, Design Engineers, and other Aircraft Stakeholders providing critical data and process inputs to Change Management activities, and maintaining the traceability and audit ability of the configuration and release of System and Test Equipment Data in the ALM environment.
The Configuration & Release Engineer will engage with team members throughout the development lifecycle as part of the review and release processes. Supporting the team member in the setup of reviews, change requests, charge orders, and processing of problem reports. They will perform checks to ensure that reviews were properly completed and changes authorized for the life cycle data and work directly with team members to resolve any issues.
How you will contribute to revolutionizing electric aviation:
- Configuration Management of System and Test Equipment [Engineering & Production] life cycle data.
- Support Charge Review Boards and Problem Review Boards for Systems, Airborne Electronic Hardware and Test Equipment.
- Develop a plan(s) for CM-issued test procedures and media for Systems V&V, Certification Test, and Production.
- Control System and Test equipment supplier data in ALM
- Develop or provide input for the generation of CM tools/reports/workflows in ALM to improve the ability to quickly and correctly capture System and Test Equipment Configuration Indices and perform status accounting.
- Submit System & Certification Lifecycle Data and track submittals and acceptance/approval of data.
- Perform impact analysis of hardware changes on released items.
Minimum Qualifications we are seeking:
- Deep knowledge of change management processes, familiarity with ARP4754A, ARP9005
- 5+ years of experience in aerospace or other regulated design and manufacturing industry
- Requirements, Test, and Change Management software (DOORS, Polarion, JAMA, JIRA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers.
- High energy, self-motivated, organized, and detail-oriented.
Above and Beyond Qualifications that will distinguish you:
- End-to-end experience with certification and launch of newly developed aircraft products.
- Strong problem-solving and root cause corrective action investigation background.
- Familiar with DO-178 and software change management
- Experience with Virtual Machines, compilers, SharePoint, SVN, GitLab, or software versioning tools.
Each of our backgrounds influences how we evaluate our own abilities. Research reveals that BIPOC, LGBTQ+, women, those from working-class backgrounds, individuals with disabilities, and other marginalized groups may hesitate to apply for roles if they don't meet all the requirements. Many skills can be learned on the job. If you can envision contributing value to our community and meet most criteria, we encourage you to apply.
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder