Senior Embedded Software Test Engineer
Raleigh, NC /
Engineering – Software /
Full Time Exempt
The Senior Embedded Software Verification Engineer will work in the Software Certification team to analyze and test the embedded software operating on the ALIA-250 production aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop automated and manual tests to perform requirements-based verification of the embedded software and software tools
- Perform software analyses such as worst-case timing, memory margin, structural coverage, data coupling, and control coupling
- Conduct and perform peer reviews as an integral part of our software certification team
- Generate life cycle data in compliance with DO-178C Level A, including requirements-based verification cases and verification procedures, verification, and analysis results along with associated documentation and traceability
- Inform and review the outputs of the software development team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with both internal & external customers
- High energy, self-motivated, organized and detail-oriented
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree from an accredited University
- Minimum 8 years experience in embedded software verification in a highly regulated environment
- Mastery of the C programming language and common test scripting languages
- Experience in most of the following areas: hard real-time systems, built-in-test, tasking and interrupts, performing and developing tests, RTOS, bare-metal development, communication protocols (CAN, I2C, SPI)
- Strong understanding of software configuration management and contemporary software build, integration, test, and deployment methodologies
- Comfortable reading electrical schematics, documentation, and datasheets
- Good team, communication, and leadership skills required
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
- Experience with STMicroelectronics ARM Cortex-M series microcontrollers
- Deep understanding of DO-178C and its supplements
- Knowledge of ARP 4754A and ARP 4761 processes and how they affect and inform the software processes
- Google G -Suite including drive, mail, calendar, docs, sheets, slides, charts, hangouts; slack; Polarion ALM; Git and Subversion
Please be aware that you may be invited to complete a Video Screening interview. This invite will be sent by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). We highly recommend completing this step of the application process within the following 48 hours should you be invited.
Note: Be sure to check your Junk folder
BETA Technologies provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, place of birth, citizenship, disability, veteran or military status, health coverage status, HIV status, genetic information, crime victim status, pregnancy or a pregnancy-related condition or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. The company does not discriminate, and will not discriminate, and will not tolerate discrimination, based on any of these characteristics during the application process or in employment.
All offers of employment at BETA Technologies are contingent upon favorable results of a thorough background check.
BETA Technologies is an E-Verify employer.