Are you looking for a Data Science role where you can can have a high degree of freedom, a huge impact on a product’s future, and work with an amazing team? We may have the right opportunity for you!
We’re searching for a passionate data scientist - someone who lives and breaths data, desires and produces high quality data sets, and who has experience with data modeling and machine learning. We want someone who makes data-driven decisions and loves running experiments to deliver value to our customers.
At BetterDoctor, Data Science is being used as a tool to understand quality of large scale qualitative data, using various techniques like: bootstrapping, frequent pattern mining, ontologies, graph knowledge bases and more.
If you think you’re the right person for the job, send us a note about yourself and don’t forget your LinkedIn or resume. We can’t wait to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Collaborate with internal product teams to define and create new data products
- Complete an understanding of healthcare provider data schemas to facilitate normalization
- Build and maintain healthcare data taxonomies/domain and formal ontologies
- Continually improves data quality by adding and improving data sources and algorithms to different part of our data pipeline
- Creates and provides data reporting to inform business decisions and provide actionable insights
- Design and implement highly scalable data mining/machine learning algorithms to enhance pattern recognition and classifications
- Improve and enhance the product's technology by bringing new ideas and methods into the team
What we expect from you
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 2+ years of experience in implementing large scale data models, scalable machine learning algorithms, frequent pattern mining, exploratory data mining techniques, specifically unsupervised learning algorithms
- Experience pulling together data from various data sources to prepare for machine learning
- Experience with designing statistical studies Python experience required
- Experience with a major statistical programming language, such as R, SAS, or Numpy/Scipy, is required
- Experience with relational, non-relational and document based databases (Mongo, Postgres, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with Kafka, Spark a significant plus
- Exceptional problem solving ability as it relates to data in all forms
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization (Looker, Tableau or similar tools)
- Healthcare data domain knowledge a significant plus
BetterDoctor is a health data company that focuses on making America's provider directories accurate. We do it because we believe finding the right doctor should be easy. Every quarter, we work with more than 400,000 providers across the country to update and verify their contact information. Providers feed us their up-to-date information and we make sure it reaches their health plan partners in the most efficient way—saving doctors the time and frustration of updating it with each health plan individually.