Senior Software Engineer - Node.js
The Engineering Team at BetterDoctor is dedicated to creating products and services to help real people navigate healthcare space. Every voice is heard on the team, every idea is considered, and every member makes a tangible impact. We practice agile development and improve our processes from sprint to sprint. We start the day with a standup meeting and strive to unblock teammates. We are looking for people who want to make a real difference in people’s lives.
Our APIs are built by developers for developers! We expect you to design and write code quickly and efficiently. We need your help to extend our Node.js based APIs to accommodate new features and data sets. We ask that your code is easy to test, maintain, and monitor. We believe strongly in the value of automated testing and code craftsmanship.
- Design, develop and deploy scalable, performant Node.js applications backed by Elasticsearch and Redis
- Design and develop best in class Healthcare Data APIs
- Work closely with, and act as an advocate for, internal and external API customers
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to take an idea from concept, to launch, to evolution
What we expect from you
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience specifying and implementing RESTful APIs and Developer Tools
- Experience with Elasticsearch and Redis
- A proven track record for building, deploying and supporting Highly Available customer facing services and SLAs
- Write well-tested and maintainable code
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What you can expect from us
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (12 days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor started as a health marketplace that has helped over 20 million patients find better care. Over the last 24 months the company has moved from B2C marketplace to B2E data-platform that powers the health market with validated doctor data. Doctor data inaccuracy is one of the hidden problems that causes a huge tax to the whole US healthcare system. The market is dominated by large incumbents who haven’t gotten the data accuracy to over 80%. Now government has stepped in and new legislation mandates health plans and doctors to keep their data up-to-date.
BetterDoctor is in a unique position to solve these data quality problems. BetterDoctor's data platform and validation engine effectively cleans the doctor data, and BetterDoctor APIs distribute this data back to the health care ecosystem. Today national health plans and more than 1,500 developer partners use the APIs to power their doctor data.