Customer Support Manager
BetterDoctor is a mission-driven healthcare company. We’re dedicated to improving healthcare through validated provider directory data. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced.
We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
Join us to revolutionize healthcare data!
About the role:
Our Customer Support team responds to inquiries from Providers and is focused on providing consistent, high quality resolutions for every phone, email and chat contact they handle. The team is comprised of a two-tier support structure, and is growing quickly.
As Customer Support Manager you will report to the Head of Operations, and will directly manage a team of Customer Support Specialists in San Antonio and the Philippines. You should be able to lead and scale a customer support team, be data-driven/able to conduct advanced data analysis, and handle multiple projects simultaneously while having strong people skills.
What you'll do
- Customer Support
- Directly manage a team of Customer Support Specialists in multiple time zones
- Monitor team performance to ensure we meet and exceed service level agreements
- Innovate on Customer Service process and channels to adapt to all current and future needs of the business
- Design, deploy and manage processes that improve team efficiency, quality and culture while scaling with the business
- Represent the needs of the organization in meetings, ensure the team are consistently product knowledge experts, even as the product changes
- Understand and have empathy for the needs of the user, being able to reduce friction and blockers to successful outcomes.
- Data insights
- Possess a natural curiosity for problem-solving and find specific answers in big data
- Juggle multiple metrics (SLA, First Reply Time, One Touch Resolution, etc) to identify emerging trends or issues as well as plans to address those trends
- Innovation: You can adapt your experience and approach to the nuances of our business and identify new, untested ways of getting things done
What we expect from you:
- 3+ years managing a customer service team. Previous customer service agent experience a significant plus. Experience in Healthcare strongly preferred
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
- 1+ year of experience leading and managing a Customer Support team
- Experience scaling a customer service function: increasing team size, managing an outsourcer, launching new service channels
- Experience with process management; adhering to, and innovating on existing processes to increase efficiency.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to collaborate effectively across Sales/Product/Engineering teams and with all levels of management
- Expert Skill Level in Microsoft Excel (visualizations, pivot tables, etc)
- Experience with Looker and SQL a significant plus
What you can expect from us:
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (12 days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthy snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable sit/stand workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor is a health data company that focuses on making America's provider directories accurate. We do it because we believe finding the right doctor should be easy. Every quarter, we work with more than 400,000 providers across the country to update and verify their contact information. Providers feed us their up-to-date information and we make sure it reaches their health plan partners in the most efficient way—saving doctors the time and frustration of updating it with each health plan individually.