Lead Data Scientist
Are you looking for a Data Science role where you can can have a high degree of freedom, a huge impact on a product’s future, and build an amazing team? We may have the right opportunity for you!
BetterDoctor is searching for an experienced and passionate Lead Data Scientist to join and build our team, own all of our data sets, and deliver insights and high quality data to BetterDoctor clients in different industries.
We’re searching for passionate Data Scientist - someone who lives and breaths data, desires and produces high quality data sets, enjoys growing teams and building up those around them, and who has experience with data modeling, machine learning and a knack (and love for!) for solving big data problems. We want someone with a strong opinion about how things are done, but who also makes data-driven decisions and loves building experiments.
If you think you’re the right person for the job, send us a note about yourself and don’t forget your LinkedIn or resume. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Owns both public and client facing data sets
- Collaborate with internal product teams to define and create new data products
- Builds complete healthcare provider data schema
- Builds and maintains healthcare data taxonomies
- Continually improves data quality by adding and improving data sources and algorithms to different part of our data pipeline
- Creates and provides data reporting to inform business decisions and provide actionable insights
- Design and implement highly scalable data mining/machine learning algorithms to enhance pattern recognition and classifications
- Improve and enhance the product's technology by bringing new ideas and methods into the team
- Lead, develop and manage data science team, including other scientists and analysts.
What we expect from you
- Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
- 5+ years of experience in implementing large scale data models, scalable machine learning algorithms and data mining techniques, specifically unsupervised learning algorithms
- 1+ year of leadership or management of a data team
- Python experience required
- Experience with major statistical programming languages, such as R or SAS, is required
- Experience with relational, non-relational and document based databases
- Experience with Kafka, Storm, Spark a significant plus
- Exceptional Problem Solving ability as it relates to data in all forms
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization (Looker, Tableau or similar tools)
- Healthcare data domain knowledge a significant plus
What you can expect from us
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (12 days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor started as a health marketplace that has helped over 20 million patients find better care. Over the last 24 months the company has moved from B2C marketplace to B2E data-platform that powers the health market with validated doctor data. Doctor data inaccuracy is one of the hidden problems that causes a huge strain on the whole US healthcare system. The market is dominated by large incumbents who haven’t gotten the data accuracy to over 80%. Now government has stepped in and new legislation mandates health plans and doctors to keep their data up-to-date.
BetterDoctor is in a unique position to solve these data quality problems. BetterDoctor's data platform and validation engine effectively cleans the doctor data, and BetterDoctor APIs distribute this data back to the health care ecosystem. Today national health plans and more than 1,500 developer partners use the APIs to power their doctor data.