Software Engineer - Python
June 2018, Quest Analytics acquired BetterDoctor creating the first comprehensive platform that enables health plans to optimize their member experience while complying with federal and state regulations for network adequacy and accuracy. Our provider data management and network analytics services are trusted by the nation’s leading health plans, insurance, regulatory agencies and benefit consultants to provide consumers with convenient access to an adequate network of doctors and hospitals and an up-to-date, accurate directory of providers. Now together we are better than ever!!
About the role:
Engineering is responsible for the ongoing development of our Data Pipeline and Platform. Work with state of the art tools and technologies to build data processing applications that are able to aggregate and analyze large data sets. Design and write code quickly and efficiently, with the right flexibility and scale in mind.
- Work as a member of Quest Analytics’ Engineering team contributing to design and development of our data pipeline
- Build, document and maintain features, tests and infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to take an idea from concept to launch, and evolution
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including code reviews and mentoring of the technical team.
- Breakdown large team goals into specific and manageable tasks.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations and security teams to understand the requirements and develop highly scalable system design and architecture.
- Communicate effectively the status, risks and mitigation strategies to the leadership team.
- Evaluate new technologies and build prototypes for continuous improvements in data infrastructure and engineering
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering ; or equivalent education and/or related work experience.
- Python, Scala, Java, R, SQL, Ruby, Rails
- Spark and Hadoop
- Linux, OS X, & Windows
- 5+ years of experience in this or a related field.
- Technology-agnostic and pragmatic engineering sensibility focused on solving key problems, not the tools.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (such as debugging or object-oriented design) and software engineering processes (such as agile software development).
- Shown ability to understand automated testing concepts and ability to consistently apply those concepts.
- Working experience with distributed computing infrastructure (Hadoop, Spark, Crunch, etc).
- Knowledge of database fundamentals for large-scale, analysis-heavy databases.
- Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and act with autonomy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
What's in it for you:
· Competitive salary and success sharing bonus
· Great benefit package with 100% paid employee only health matching 401K, 10 Holidays, Partially paid Maternity/Paternity Leave & much more
· The opportunity to get in on ground floor and grow and learn as the company grows
Plus you will get to work in a fun casual environment with free healthy snack
Quest Analytics provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.