Data Engineer - Data Quality
Are you looking for a Data role where you can can have a high degree of freedom, a huge impact on a product’s future, and work with an amazing team? We may have the right opportunity for you!
We’re searching for a passionate Data Quality Engineer - someone who lives and breaths data, desires and produces high quality data sets. We want someone who makes data-driven decisions and loves running experiments to deliver value to our customers.
At BetterDoctor, we strive to understand quality of large scale qualitative data, using various techniques like: bootstrapping, frequent pattern mining, ontologies, graph knowledge bases and more.
If you think you’re the right person for the job, send us a note about yourself and don’t forget your LinkedIn or resume. We can’t wait to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- We are building a Data Operations team to tackle BetterDoctor’s diverse data challenges. You will analyze and optimize data in our data pipeline, which intakes, validates and distributes provider data to our clients. You will provide data to both our data scientists and product teams, refining and improving our data quality.
- Some projects you will work on:
- Anomaly detection in data sources by identifying the root causes of data integrity issues, and creating corrective processes and systems to prevent reoccurrence.
- Participate in our data release process, and partner with teams to iterate on and improve existing data pipeline.
- Lead definition for data quality and build a reliable audit processes that ensures and improves public facing data quality.
- Develop specifications for data integrity checks that need to be enforced across the data pipeline.
- Work with the Data Science team to convert specifications into an automated process.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in a relevant industry.
- Experience writing and executing complex SQL queries
- Experience managing and optimizing SQL databases
- Experience with development in one or more of the following Python, R, Scala, SQL
- Experience with data processing frameworks and data warehouses such as Hadoop, Spark, Redshift
- Bonus points for:
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Experience with Looker, Tableau and other BI tools
- Experience with DataBricks analysis platform
- Experience with building and operating data pipelines
- Experience with machine learning
What you can expect from us:
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (10 days)
- 401K Matching
- Healthy snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable sit/stand workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor is a health data company that focuses on making America's provider directories accurate. We do it because we believe finding the right doctor should be easy. Every quarter, we work with more than 400,000 providers across the country to update and verify their contact information. Providers feed us their up-to-date information and we make sure it reaches their health plan partners in the most efficient way—saving doctors the time and frustration of updating it with each health plan individually.