Do you love data? BetterDoctor is searching for an experienced and passionate Data Engineer to join our team, connect our platform to client's systems and data, and then return a high quality and fully validated data set. The Data Engineer will work together with internal teams to ensure our client's success.
We’re searching for someone who is passionate about data- someone who lives to improve data in all forms, whether moving data from system to system, or getting data into usable formats and schema; as well as a knack (and love for!) for solving big problems.
We want someone who lives to help the customer and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves to ensure client success. There are a lot of data to be handled, and we want someone who can help us continue to support our clients in the field as we grow.
- Define, build and maintain client integrations
- Gather client requirements and deliver client data sets
- Investigate and resolve client data issues
- Implement and improve BetterDoctor Data Operations processes and tools
- Provide client support on an ongoing basis
What we expect from you
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience with ETL, Data integrations, or client data solutions
- 1+ year of experience with Python, ideally doing integrations or data manipulation
- 1+ year of experience with databases such as SQL or PostgreSQL
- Comfortable working with Data sets (data modeling, data munging, schemas, taxonomies, analysis)
- Problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Ability to collaborate with external and internal non technical partners, such as our sales and account management teams, as well as clients
What you can expect from us
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (12 days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor is a health data company that focuses on making America's provider directories accurate. We do it because we believe finding the right doctor should be easy. Every quarter, we work with more than 400,000 providers across the country to update and verify their contact information. Providers feed us their up-to-date information and we make sure it reaches their health plan partners in the most efficient way—saving doctors the time and frustration of updating it with each health plan individually.