BetterDoctor is looking for the best and the brightest to join our Data operations team for a Data Operations Specialist role. This role will support BetterDoctor’s Client Engineering and Operations teams with all inbound data requests, daily operations and client exports. We move fast, and the ideal candidate must be willing to constantly adapt to new situations and challenges. We also have a lot of fun in doing what we do.
The Data Operations Specialist must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Responsible for day to day data operations, including data ingestion, data modeling and data distribution to ensure that continuous delivery pipelines are running correctly.
- Play a significant role in ensuring data integrity and efficacy for customer needs
- Be responsible for ensuring internal teams address all inbound data requests within given SLAs.
- Work closely with Client Engineering and Product team on coordinating delivery of custom segments
- Work with product and engineering on troubleshooting issues with the internal platform
- Improve the technical capabilities and quality practices within the department. Coordinate activities and resolve issues across the department, other groups, and/or projects.
- Continuously evaluating workflow tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
- Work with Data Ops and Engineering teams to create and implement workflow process automation and monitoring.
- Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree, in Computer Science, Statistics, math or related fields
- 2+ year experience working with data analysis
- Experience with process design and documentationExcellent time management/organizational skills.
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Flexible and adaptable. Ability to handle high intensity, fast paced environment.
- Ability and motivation to automate tasks wherever possible
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with healthcare data or knowledge of healthcare industry
- Proficiency in scripting, querying and/or analytics tools: SQL, Python, R, SAS
- Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
- Experience with Agile software development, JIRA
BetterDoctor is a health data company that focuses on making America's provider directories accurate. We do it because we believe finding the right doctor should be easy. Every quarter, we work with more than 400,000 providers across the country to update and verify their contact information. Providers feed us their up-to-date information and we make sure it reaches their health plan partners in the most efficient way—saving doctors the time and frustration of updating it with each health plan individually.