Senior Software Engineer- Data Pipeline
Quest Analytics is a mission-driven healthcare data company trusted by the nation's largest health plans and over 500,000 doctors. We are dedicated to providing consumers with convenient access to an adequate network of doctors and hospitals and an up-to-date, accurate directory of providers. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced.
We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
Join us to revolutionize healthcare data!
About the role:
Engineering is responsible for the ongoing development of our Data Pipeline and Platform. Work with state-of-the-art tools and technologies to build data processing applications that are able to aggregate and analyze large datasets. Design and write code quickly and efficiently, with the right flexibility and scale in mind.
- Work as a member of Quest Analytics’ Engineering team contributing to design and development of our data pipeline
- Build, document and maintain features, tests and infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to take an idea from concept to launch, and evolution
- Provide technical oversight to the development process including code reviews and mentoring of the technical team.
- Breakdown large team goals into specific and manageable tasks.
- Collaborate with engineering, operations and security teams to understand the requirements and develop highly scalable system design and architecture.
- Communicate effectively the status, risks and mitigation strategies to the leadership team.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity and act with autonomy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Education and Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering ; or equivalent education and/or related work experience.
- Python, Scala, Java, R, SQL, Ruby, Rails
- Spark and Hadoop
- Linux, OS X, & Windows
- 5+ years of experience in this or a related field.
- Technology-agnostic and pragmatic engineering sensibility focused on solving key problems, not the tools.
- Knowledge of computer science fundamentals (such as debugging or object-oriented design) and software engineering processes (such as agile software development).
- Shown ability to understand automated testing concepts and ability to consistently apply those concepts.
- Working experience with distributed computing infrastructure (Hadoop, Spark, Crunch, etc).
- Knowledge of database fundamentals for large-scale, analysis-heavy databases.