Customer Support Manager
Are you looking for a customer support or experience role where you can can have a high degree of freedom, a huge impact on a product’s future, and grow an amazing team? We may have the right opportunity for you!
BetterDoctor is searching or an experienced and passionate customer support manager to join our team, make users happy, and funnel valuable feedback to our product team. The CSM will sit on our operations team and help healthcare providers across the country navigate provider directory updates with health plans.
We’re searching for a support rockstar - someone who lives to improve processes, enjoys growing teams and building up those around them, who has experience managing and organizing teams through high-growth phases, and a knack (and love for!) for solving big problems.
We want someone with a strong opinion about how things are done, but who also makes data-driven decisions and loves building experiments. There are a lot of big decisions to be made in the next 6 months and we want someone who can help us grow intelligently.
If you think you’re the right person for the job, send us a note about yourself, tell us about some of your favorite support tools and don’t forget your LinkedIn or resume. We can’t wait to hear from you!
What we expect from you
- Lead and direct local and off-site Customer Support teams, including building out a team as the function grows
- Define and articulate the support team’s growth strategy, sizing, and organizational structure to continually meet the company’s 8-hour SLA through periods of rapid growth
- Work with Accounts and Engineering teams on a weekly basis to investigate client concerns and identify big-picture trends
- Set support team KPIs, measure team performance, and update management with detailed monthly reports
- Work closely with the outreach team to ensure messaging alignment between support and outreach
- Assist with the implementation and launch of new product features
- Define ticketing system and priority protocols, and manage BetterDoctor’s online knowledge base, CRM settings, and IVR
- Travel on an as needed basis
Who you are & what we want
- B.A. or B.S in communications or related field
- 3+ years of customer support experience
- 1+ Experience leading a team, offsite and/or outsourced experience
- Must have managed a 1M+ support budget
- Experience hiring, training, managing full-time employees and growing teams
- Experience in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment
- Thrives in an autonomous state
- Startup Experience strongly preferred
- Willingness and ability to travel 5-10% of the time
What you can expect from us
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (12 days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor started as a health marketplace that has helped over 20 million patients find better care. Over the last 24 months the company has moved from B2C marketplace to B2E data-platform that powers the health market with validated doctor data. Doctor data inaccuracy is one of the hidden problems that causes a huge tax to the whole US healthcare system. The market is dominated by large incumbents who haven’t gotten the data accuracy to over 80%. Now government has stepped in and new legislation mandates health plans and doctors to keep their data up-to-date.
BetterDoctor is in a unique position to solve these data quality problems. BetterDoctor's data platform and validation engine effectively cleans the doctor data, and BetterDoctor APIs distribute this data back to the health care ecosystem. Today national health plans and more than 1,500 developer partners use the APIs to power their doctor data.