Do you love data? Are you comfortable in front of clients, explaining how our data and our products can have a huge impact on the client's future? We may have the right opportunity for you!
BetterDoctor is searching for an experienced and passionate Client Engineer to join our team, connect our platform to client's systems and data, and then return a high quality and fully validated data set. The Client Engineer will work together with internal teams to ensure our client's success.
We’re searching for someone who is passionate about data- someone who lives to improve data in all forms, whether moving data from system to system, or getting data into usable formats and schema; as well as a knack (and love for!) for solving big problems.
We want someone who lives to help the customer and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves ensuring client success. There are a lot of data to be handled, and we want someone who can help us continue to support our clients in the field as we grow.
- Define, build and maintain client solutions and integrations together with internal operations team (ETL, exports)
- Manage ongoing technical interface with clients and their systems
- Provide technical solution support on an ongoing basis
- Represent BetterDoctor products and platforms in client meetings
- Identify, collect and communicate client requirements to product management
What we expect from you
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience with ETL, Data integrations, or client data solutions
- 1+ year of experience with databases such as SQL or PostgreSQL
- 1+ year of experience with Python, ideally doing integrations or data manipulation
- Comfortable working with Data sets (data modeling, data munging, schemas, taxonomies, analysis)
- Problem solving
- Ability to work independently
- Outstanding communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Ability to collaborate with external and internal non technical partners, such as our sales and account management teams, as well as clients
- Ability to travel (30%)
- Ability to obtain and maintain client site access
What you can expect from us
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (12 days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor started as a health marketplace that has helped over 20 million patients find better care. Over the last 24 months the company has moved from B2C marketplace to B2E data-platform that powers the health market with validated doctor data. Doctor data inaccuracy is one of the hidden problems that causes a huge strain on the whole US healthcare system. The market is dominated by large incumbents who haven’t gotten the data accuracy to over 80%. Now government has stepped in and new legislation mandates health plans and doctors to keep their data up-to-date.
BetterDoctor is in a unique position to solve these data quality problems. BetterDoctor's data platform and validation engine effectively cleans the doctor data, and BetterDoctor APIs distribute this data back to the health care ecosystem. Today national health plans and more than 1,500 developer partners use the APIs to power their doctor data.