Full Stack Software Engineer
The core mission of BetterDoctor's Applications team is to build and maintain end-to-end features (concepts, front-end, back-end, tests, etc.) for user-facing & internal applications within the organization.
As a full stack engineer, you will design and write code quickly and efficiently, with the right flexibility and scale in mind. Your code should follow best engineering practices and be easy to use, test, and maintain. You will be an integral part of a small team of experienced engineers who are continuously creating new features and evolving our UX/UI. You will collaborate with our Platforms, Data, and Operations teams to design and launch new products and features.
What you will be responsible for:
- Design, develop and deploy scalable applications for internal and external use.
- Developing and scaling our Data APIs
- Support API customer base; respond to and resolve technical issues
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to take an idea from concept to launch, and evolution
What we expect from you:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. Computer Science or related field is required.
- 1+ year of software engineering experience
- 1+ year of experience with React and NodeJS
- Experience with Ruby on Rails a significant plus
- Experience with RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL a plus
- Experience with Elasticsearch a plus
- Write well-tested and maintainable code
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What you can expect from us
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (12 days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor started as a health marketplace that has helped over 20 million patients find better care. Over the last 24 months the company has moved from B2C marketplace to B2E data-platform that powers the health market with validated doctor data. Doctor data inaccuracy is one of the hidden problems that causes a huge tax to the whole US healthcare system. The market is dominated by large incumbents who haven’t gotten the data accuracy to over 80%. Now government has stepped in and new legislation mandates health plans and doctors to keep their data up-to-date.
BetterDoctor is in a unique position to solve these data quality problems. BetterDoctor's data platform and validation engine effectively cleans the doctor data, and BetterDoctor APIs distribute this data back to the health care ecosystem. Today national health plans and more than 1,500 developer partners use the APIs to power their doctor data.