Senior Software Engineer - Data Pipeline
BetterDoctor is a mission-driven healthcare company. We’re dedicated to improving healthcare through validated provider directory data. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced.
We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
Join us to revolutionize healthcare data!
About the role:
Our Platform team is responsible for the ongoing development of our Data Pipeline and Platform. We’re looking for an engineer capable of understanding our existing data platform to then build a new pipeline that performs the original tasks in a relevant architecture with scalable capabilities.
- Work as a senior member of BetterDoctor’s Data team contributing to design and development of our data platform
- Leverage and refactor current platform to meet existing and new business needs
- Design and build a new data platform to handle growth in data scale and analytics scope
- Evaluate and review new technologies for our product and technology roadmap
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements for data platform components, and plan quick and achievable iterations with Agile methodologies
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering required, Master's Degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of experience with designing and implementing data pipelines in cloud based infrastructures in production systems; ideally in Java and Scala
- Demonstrated expertise building data pipelines, with technologies such as Kafka, Airflow, Storm and Spark
- Experience in building and maintaining data infrastructure to handle large datasets with high variability; using technologies such as PostgreSQL, Redshift, MongoDb, ElasticSearch and Hive
- Experience developing with Python and Ruby a plus
- Abstract thinking and problem solving capabilities
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills
What you can expect from us:
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (12 days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthy snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable sit/stand workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor is a health data company that focuses on making America's provider directories accurate. We do it because we believe finding the right doctor should be easy. Every quarter, we work with more than 400,000 providers across the country to update and verify their contact information. Providers feed us their up-to-date information and we make sure it reaches their health plan partners in the most efficient way—saving doctors the time and frustration of updating it with each health plan individually.