Software Engineer - Data Platform
The Platform Team at BetterDoctor is dedicated to creating world class consumer and provider facing data products. At BetterDoctor we love data in its all forms and shapes. We gather, create, import, cluster, aggregate and analyze data each and every day. With our proprietary data pipeline, we build the best products for clients in the healthcare vertical.
BetterDoctor is searching for an experienced and passionate Software Engineer to join our team who writes clean code that is easy to test, maintain, and monitor. As we ETL and build new and interesting data sets, there is little extra work required because you already built the data services with the right flexibility and scale in mind.
We’re searching for someone who is passionate about data and data platforms- someone who lives to improve data in all forms, whether moving data from system to system, or getting data into usable formats and schema; as well as a knack (and love for!) for solving big problems.
- Support and scale performant data service applications accessible via best in class data APIs.
- Design and implement new features to our distributed Python and Ruby based data pipeline.
- Build new applications and extend features for our existing systems
- Work with our Product and Architecture teams to take an idea from concept to launch using agile software development cycle.
- Moving and producing large data sets that help improve medical health care data
What we expect from you
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience building scalable applications and solutions with Python
- Experience with Docker
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Familiar with ETL process and concepts
- Experience with MongoDB, Elastic Search and Redis a plus
- Interest or experience working with Ruby a plus
- Experience with asynchronous queuing / messaging solutions, like Kafka a plus
- Experience with cluster computing frameworks, like Spark a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Humble, proactive and self-motivated!
What you can expect from us
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (12 days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Generous snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor started as a health marketplace that has helped over 20 million patients find better care. Over the last 24 months the company has moved from B2C marketplace to B2E data-platform that powers the health market with validated doctor data. Doctor data inaccuracy is one of the hidden problems that causes a huge tax to the whole US healthcare system. The market is dominated by large incumbents who haven’t gotten the data accuracy to over 80%. Now government has stepped in and new legislation mandates health plans and doctors to keep their data up-to-date.
BetterDoctor is in a unique position to solve these data quality problems. BetterDoctor's data platform and validation engine effectively cleans the doctor data, and BetterDoctor APIs distribute this data back to the health care ecosystem. Today national health plans and more than 1,500 developer partners use the APIs to power their doctor data.