Software Engineer - Data Pipeline
BetterDoctor is a mission-driven healthcare company. We’re dedicated to improving healthcare by fixing the provider directory data problem. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced.
We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
Join us to revolutionize healthcare data!
About the role:
Our Engineering team is responsible for the ongoing development of our Data Pipeline and Platform. As a Software Engineer you’ll be working with state of the art tools and technologies to build data processing applications that are able to aggregate and analyze large datasets. We are looking for an engineer who can design and write code quickly and efficiently, with the right flexibility and scale in mind. Your code should follow best engineering practices and be easy to use, test, and maintain.
- Work as a member of BetterDoctor’s Engineering team contributing to design and development of our data pipeline
- Build, document and maintain features, tests and infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to take an idea from concept to launch, and evolution
What we expect from you:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ year of software engineering experience
- 1+ year of experience building data pipelines, with technologies such as Kafka, Airflow, Storm and Spark
- Experience developing with Python and Ruby a plus
- An interest in data science & engineering
- Write well-tested and maintainable code
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What you can expect from us:
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous PTOs & holiday schedule (10 days)
- 401K Matching
- Healthy snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable sit/stand workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor is a health data company that focuses on making America's provider directories accurate. We do it because we believe finding the right doctor should be easy. Every quarter, we work with more than 400,000 providers across the country to update and verify their contact information. Providers feed us their up-to-date information and we make sure it reaches their health plan partners in the most efficient way—saving doctors the time and frustration of updating it with each health plan individually.