Software Engineer - Ruby
BetterDoctor is a mission-driven healthcare company. We’re dedicated to improving healthcare by fixing the provider directory data problem. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic and fast-paced.
We're looking for talented, entrepreneurially minded and data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people - and having a ton of fun while they're at it.
Join us to revolutionize healthcare data!
About the role:
Our Engineering team is responsible for the ongoing development of our User-Facing Applications, Data APIs and Data Pipeline. We are looking for an engineer who can design and write code quickly and efficiently, with the right flexibility and scale in mind. Your code should follow best engineering practices and be easy to use, test, and maintain.
- Work as a member of BetterDoctor’s Engineering team contributing to design and development of our product
- Build, document and maintain features, tests and infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to take an idea from concept to launch, and evolution
What we expect from you:
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ year of software engineering experience
- 1+ year of experience with Ruby on Rails
- An interest in data science & engineering
- An interest in learning Python/Scala
- Write well-tested and maintainable code
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
What you can expect from us:
- 100% fully paid health care for employees
- 80% paid health care coverage for dependents of employees
- Generous holiday schedule (12 days)
- Unlimited PTO
- Healthy snacks and coffee selection
- Opportunity to contribute to meaningful work
- Top-notch gear - New MacBook, wide screen monitor and adjustable sit/stand workstation
- Sunny office located in SoMA neighborhood of San Francisco
BetterDoctor is a health data company that focuses on making America's provider directories accurate. We do it because we believe finding the right doctor should be easy. Every quarter, we work with more than 500,000 providers across the country to update and verify their contact information. Providers feed us their up-to-date information and we make sure it reaches their health plan partners in the most efficient way—saving doctors the time and frustration of updating it with each health plan individually.