Buenos Aires /
Product & Technology /
BetterVet is a vet-tech company with the vision of creating the most advanced and complete in-home vetcare model in the world. BetterVet is transforming the veterinary industry by creating a delivery solution that provides exceptional care for pets in the home through telemedicine, convenient hours, and in-home visits.
About the Role
BetterVet is seeking an experienced Data Engineer with 5-7 years experience to manage and develop all databases, systems, and data syncs and pipelines. This person must understand SQL and NoSQL databases and have strong experience in ETL. As an engineer in this team, the individual will be involved in the plan, build and run activities related to database technology. This role will contribute to the design/architect, solution engineering, and support. This individual should be well versed in database administration and engineering practices and principles.
- Manage, support, and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies.
- Support NoSQL database MongoDB. Manage all data syncs between CRM, Practice Management Database, and Mongodb.
- Analyze, design, develop and maintain database systems
- Responsible for data syncing between systems
- Support business by assuring data issues are fixed.
- Write/maintain scripts for DB automation and application maintenance.
- Maintain development, staging, and production environments .
- Maintain security and user access.
- Work closely with Solutions Architect and product team on new requirements.
- Ability to work well as a team and as an individual with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors/Degree in Computer Science or other technology field is necessary.
- 5-7 years of database engineering and administrative experience
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with MongoDB technology and other NoSQL are mandatory and a good understanding of distributed systems concepts.
- Sound knowledge of all LINUX and DB utilities. Troubleshoot database production problems and database connectivity issues.
- Should have strong LINUX platform skills and understanding of the network, storage, tiered application environments, and security.
- Proficiency in writing ansible, functions, and packages for administration and DB support and experience with MongoDB Streams and replication will be a plus.
- Experience in DB Backup and Recovery strategies and good knowledge in database concurrency mechanisms.
- Sound knowledge of NoSQL technologies like MongoDB, and understanding of JSON data structures.
- Work experience in a startup preferred
- Must speak English
Benefits & Perks
- Work from home, 100% remote
- Team-building budget for dinner/lunches/meetings
- Competitive salary in USD
- Paid time off (3 weeks annual leave and National holidays)
- Healthcare and dental reimbursement
- Internet reimbursement
- Self-development budget
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Money towards purchase of computer
- Career advancement opportunities
More about BetterVet:
Our mission is to deliver a better vetcare experience for pets, pet parents, and vet care providers. We envision a world where the vetcare experience is an empowered one. Check us out at www.bettervet.com