National Account Manager, West (Foodservice Chains)
Growth – Food Service /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
At Beyond Meat, we believe in feeding a better future and advancing this mission in Foodservice is our passion. We are seeking a National Account Manager, Foodservice Chains that can translate their passion into partnership value and business results.
The National Account Manager (NAM) reports to the VP, Foodservice and is responsible for delivering net revenue, volume, and growth objectives with national chains. The right candidate is entrepreneurial with a track record of quickly establishing partnership value that results in new business. They are enterprising, lead through influence, drive for results, and thrive in a fast-paced environment as a cross-functional team member.
Tasks, Duties, & General Responsibilities
- New Business Development: This role is highly focused on new acquisition of Limited-Service chains in the top 150 national chains. They will translate Beyond Meat’s strategic channel priorities into insights-led, value-added partner solutions that result in significant new sales and distribution with new as well as an assigned base of current chain partners.
- Business Acumen: Has the ability to develop strategic business plans and identify new streams of revenue to achieve annual net revenue, distribution, and share goals within the assigned budget. Has strong financial acumen with the ability to optimize trade investment for net revenue growth.
- Minimum 8 years of proven CPG Foodservice value-added sales and Commercial Foodservice key account management experience. Culinary background preferred.
- Must have a “hunter mentality” and bias toward action with demonstrated experience to move a sales pipeline quickly to close.
- Strong team and cross-functional collaboration skills. Comfortable working with Insights, Marketing, Distribution, Finance, Supply Chain, and R&D.
- Takes initiative to identify opportunities and drive solutions.
- Experience developing annual operating plans, & joint business plans with key accounts.
- Monitor performance of strategic plans and evaluate successes, risks and opportunities and formulate plans to improve key indicators.
- Assist in the management of forecast accuracy for current and new products and execute new product launches.
- Strong business and financial acumen with trade budget management experience.
- Exceptional strategic sales and negotiation skills.
- Solid interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact, motivate, and engage effectively with internal as well as external contacts.
- High integrity and commitment to the team.
- Results-oriented self-starter with a bias to action.
- Fluent in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and trade management systems.
- Must excel in multitasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced organization.
- Self-starter that works well independently and as a team member.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent military experience required.
- Ability to travel up to 60% of time via driving, air travel, and overnight stays.
- Ability to work out of a home office located within the assigned region and within 50 miles of a major airport.
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD 130,000 and 145,000. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.