El Segundo, CA /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Culinary Manager will have a primary role in the Innovation group located in El Segundo, CA. The Innovation team is a matrix organization dedicated to creating food products using plant-based proteins with a deep understanding of culinary science. The Culinary Manager will be responsible for the development of innovative food products, samples, processes in the kitchen and to provide culinary creativity in the field of plant-based foods.
- Lead the creative culinary work in the development of new products
- Innovate for new applications of plant-based ingredients in foods
- Generate different builds/presentations of the Beyond Meat products with a focus on aesthetics and the eating experience
- Test and evaluate different plant-based prototypes, including different cooking methods, hold-time and yield studies
- Collaborate with the R&D team to improve and provide input on all aspects of plant-based foods
- Collaborate with clients to understand their needs and develop new menu items
- Work with sales team to validate and provide guidance on optimal cooking methods
- Advise on new foods as targets of research and development efforts
- Inform on current nutritional trends and food-based trends in the industry
- Oversee Supervise kitchen staff and be responsible for food safety in the kitchen
- Collaborate with other chefs and external partners as needed
- Travel, prepare samples and cook for meetings and presentations
- Develop training materials for operations on how to correctly handle and cook products
- Create new SOPs and update existing SOPs for kitchen equipment and reinforce operational procedures.
- Manage and organize multiple projects under extreme deadlines within specific parameters
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary Science or a related certificate
- Proven experience as a Head Chef and Culinary leader
- Record of innovation and recognition in the field
- Good record of kitchen management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Knowledge of cooking trends and current best practices
- Excellent communication, leadership, presentation and teaching skills
- Diverse international and regional cuisine cooking techniques are required
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Kitchen and laboratory environment with some travel (up to 25%)
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.