Quality Manager, 3PL/Strategic Accounts
Columbia, MO /
Quality Assurance /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Quality Manager, 3PL/Strategic Accounts primary role is to ensure that all 3PL partners have robust food safety programs in place at each location. These programs should be sufficient to ensure complete traceability of all Beyond Meat products as well as protecting the integrity and cold chain of the product while in storage. This role will provide support for specific strategic customers including specification development, co-man and internal manufacturing training to the meet customer standards and a complete understanding of the customer’s quality and food safety requirements. It is the Quality Manger, 3PL/Strategic Accounts responsibility to communicate all requirements clearly to internal stakeholders and to ensure programs/processes are implemented to meet these requirements.
- Manage food safety and quality programs with all 3PL partners
- Conduct routine inspections and traceabilty exercises with each partner in the supply chain
- Responsible for inspecting, approving and onboarding all new 3PL sites with the Beyond Meat supply chain
- Work closely with Co-manufacturing team to have the information, material, and equipment needed for assigned Strategic Partners trials/production runs
- Ensure that co-manufacturing partners are conducting all quality evaluations that meet customer standards
- Assist in customer facing specification creation
- Generate reports describing product details, trends, and communicate findings and action plans to necessary/appropriate parties
- Fully understand our Strategic Partners quality/product expectations. Communicate these expectations effectively cross-functionally
- Ability to problem-solve and find solutions
- Record keeping, and retrieves corporate documents, records and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a food science/culinary field is required.
- Project Management experience is preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge and appropriate certifications for GMP, FDA, HACCP/PCQI/GFSI is required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat.
- Professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality is required.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and time constraints.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to travel ~50% of the time to 3PL and co-manufacturing sites
- Food Manufacturing environment – 20% (<40 degrees F, >80 degrees F)
- Frozen warehouse environment – 25% (<10 degrees F)
- Office setting 5%
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.