Regional Sales Manager - Midwest
Growth – Food Service /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Regional Sales Manager is a key contributor to advancing Beyond Meat’s mission in Foodservice. This role reports to the Sr. Regional Sales Manager, Foodservice and is responsible for delivering net revenue, volume, distribution, and share growth objectives in the Commercial & Non-Commercial Foodservice Channel. The right candidate is collaborative, enterprising, drives for results, thrives in a fast-paced environment, and willing to roll up their sleeves to win.
- Sales & Business Acumen: Achieves assigned net revenue, volume, distribution, and share goals within established budget. Develops region business plan and prioritization to deliver Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- Broker Management: Leads and influences the broker as an extension of their sales team. Ability to adapt national broker priorities into clearly communicated regional plans supported by the right tools, and consistent training that equips the broker to win.
- Distributor Leadership: Directly owns the relationship of top strategic broadline distributors at each level of the organization to drive mutual growth. Works alongside key distributor leaders and stakeholders to develop joint category plans with quarterly execution initiatives. Develops sales programs and new product introductions for distributor reps and executes distributor events with brokers (food shows, sales meetings, etc.) that ensure new business and category leadership. Pursues new distributor partnerships to ensure seamless product availability in white space.
- New Business Development: Ability to quickly develop new relationships with large regional chain partners, large leverage operators, and Non-Commercial operators. Has regional wiring relationships with Food Management Companies (Compass, Aramark, Sodexo) and GPO’s (I.e.. Premier) to accelerate new distribution. Develops segment priorities informed by business mix and share data within the region to grow white space.
- Minimum 5-7 years of proven CPG Foodservice sales, distributor, and regional key account management experience with branded value-added products.
- 3+ years of sales agency (broker) management experience with proven ability to drive results through influence.
- Strong business and financial acumen with trade budget management experience.
- Exceptional strategic sales and negotiation skills.
- Solid interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact, motivate, and engage effectively with internal as well as external contacts.
- High integrity and commitment to team.
- Results-oriented self-starter with a bias to action.
- Fluent in Google Suite, Microsoft Suite, and trade management systems.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent military experience required.
- Must excel in multi-tasking and prioritizing within a fast-paced organization.
- Self-starter that works well independently and on a team.
- Up to 70% travel via driving air travel, and overnight stays.
- Ability to work out of a home office located within assigned region and within 50 miles of a major airport.
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD 100,000 and 115,000. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.