Logistics Specialist - 2nd Shift (6pm-6:30am)
Operations – COMO Production /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Beyond Meat is focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience. The Supply Chain Team is a matrix organization within Beyond Meat that is dedicated to creating food products that are leading the gold standard in plant-based proteins. They are looking for an outstanding individual to join the team located in Columbia, MO as a Logistics Specialist.
The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for storing and moving all material in the facility. They must be able to operate powered industrial machinery with ease, use scanners for tracking of inventory, and storing/retrieving material accurately for production needs. The Logistics Specialist must strive for organization, keeping all like material together and retrieving all material for production according to FEFO (First Expired, First Out) Model.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to send, accept and record the movement of supplies, materials, equipment, and stock materials to and/or from an establishment Loading and unloading inventory from trailers
- Transporting materials to different locations within and outside the facility
- Optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency
- Help manage inventory by utilizing RF scanning equipment
- Place all material in assigned racks neatly, while verifying quantity and pallet integrity
- Retrieve material out of the racks and place it on the floor for the production process Verify the accuracy of quantity and quality of items being stored, spot-checks
- Inventory cycle counting
- Track product being moved by consolidating and relocating inventory according to product description and production usage
- Identify and keep track of material’s expiration date Pick material needed for production in advance
- Operate all machinery in a safe and efficient manner
- Must display constant awareness of potential hazards
- Collaborate with internal departments to locate any missing packages, correct any necessary deliveries, and replace any damaged product
- Restack pallets when necessary
- Checking for damaged goods
- Responsible for daily housekeeping and keeping debris from floor in both warehouse and freezer locations
- Keep all material handling equipment in the best condition by conducting regular maintenance checks
- Follow all company policies and procedures, safety procedures, food safety guidelines, and Good Manufacturing Practices beyond regulatory needs
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2-3 years warehousing experience
- Previous work experience in freezer preferred, not required
- Forklift and electric pallet jack certification
- Data entry, math, computer skills, and working with inventory counts
- Effective leadership and team management skills
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of attendance and reliability
- Able to follow multi-step directions
- Able to identify workplace safety hazards
- Familiar RF scanning equipment.
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment as the company grows
- Proficiency operating Forklifts, Standup Lifts, Scissors lifts, Reach Trucks
- Valid Driver's License required
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Position requires the ability to stand or sit for prolonged periods, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, consistently lifting up to 50 lbs., reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks.
- Need to be comfortable working at various heights.
- Position located in a mix of production and warehouse environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- This position will be required to visit the production floor, refrigerated and frozen storage, shipping dock, and outside storage warehouses.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional weekends and/or worked holidays will be required based on company needs.
$20.70 - $27 an hour
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $20.70 and $27.00. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.