Regional Sales Director Asia Pacific
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Regional Sales Director will be responsible for building profitable sales of all products of Beyond Meat through expansion into Asia and the Pacific Region. This position is to work in conjunction with our existing Asian and Australian partners to develop and achieve sales objectives, manage budgets, prepare and execute product programs, assess competitive environments and analyze/evaluate results by brand. This role is in addition to our existing importers.
- Execute international strategic expansion plan
- Evaluate viable International distributor partners -existing and potential.
- Assist in developing local marketing and customer execution plans with distributor partners
- Effectively communicate key commercial plans and initiatives to distributor partners providing training as needed
- Review and evaluate performance in achieving sales and execution objectives for each country that are clearly quantified, mutually agreed upon and effectively measured
- Maintain ongoing distributor contact to expedite resolution of marketplace/customer opportunities
- Conduct country market audits to assess the products’ position in the marketplace; monitor competitive activity and distributor effectiveness
- Efficiently manage Trade, Selling and T&E expenses within budget
- Monitor ongoing business trends to effectively forecast sales volumes for each distributor
- Evaluate existing supply chain route-to-market
- 4-year university degree.
- 3 -5 years’ experience in sales management within Asia-(preferably China)
- Ability to speak multiple languages a plus. (Mandarin and English a must)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communications skills (verbal/written) with the ability to interact effectively internally as well as with external contacts.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Must excel in multi-tasking within a fast-paced organization.
- Work well both independently and as a team.
- Strategic and committed to success.
- Ability to travel on flights to International markets and work long, flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as required.
- Valid driver license and registered vehicle with insurance is required.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.