European Business Unit – Operations /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The process technologist is part of the Operations team, reports to the Plant Manager, works mainly at the Enschede plant, but will also work closely together with Innovation and the R&D- Team in Ede and supports at our co-manufacturers when running trials and commercialization. As a process technologist you will be responsible for the validation and optimalization of the production processes in the current facility. You will identify opportunities for performance and cost improvements. You will set up and support related (cost saving) projects. You will also contribute to the design of the new production facility.
On a daily basis you will be involved in trouble-shooting and performance/data analysis. looking at trends, causes of stoppages and finding relations between discrepancies. You will prevent ‘jumping to conclusion’, helping teams to make logical deductions and employ data driven problem solving. You will support performance analysis and Root Cause Analyses (RCA’s) for production operations including co-mans and ensures that the resulting actions are followed up. You will help the teams capture optimal ways of working through the use of SOP’s and data analysis. You will also draw up periodic reports, tracking key data points to measure progress.
To optimize processes and improve efficiency and yield across operations, including co-mans where needed, you will work closely with/be a sparring partner for other departments like Production, Quality Assurance, Innovation, R&D, Engineering and Automatization. You will also assist with the commercialization of new product launches on occasion
Ideally, you will have a strong technical understanding of extrusion and finished goods manufacturing. Coated products very desirable.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify opportunities and realize savings (scrap reduction, output increase, simplify processes and procedures, build action matrixes and share knowledge);
- Monitors the internal processes and remains abreast of technological developments, in order to be able to implement them to continuously optimize the process;
- Automate Quality Control tasks and find relations between discrepancies, provide visibility on performance matric;
- Optimize processes and PID's, maximize usage of SCADA by setting it up correctly and increase overview for operators;
- Setting up, leading and executing cross-departmental (Kaizen) projects and implementing the resulting actions;
- Perform trouble-shooting analysis and develop tools to support and advise production in their way of working;
- Be a sparring partner for Production, QA, R&D, Innovation, Engineering and Automatization;
- Lead people with clear communication, focused on achieving results and striving for continues improvement;
- Contribute to the design of the new production facility and improve the current facility;
- Support process design, trials and commercialization projects;
- Promoting an open culture where feedback and ideas are encouraged and freely exchanged;
- Actively contribute to a “safety-first” culture by reporting, preventing and rectifying hazardous situations.
- Create reports to track performance and improvements
- Create trial reports
- Lead and facilitate identified improvement projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Technology, Life Science & Technology or Chemical Technology;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a process technologist in a comparable food-related process environment;
- Experience of extrusion and finished goods manufacturing. Coated products very desirable;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Language communication efficiency in Dutch (native) and English (business fluent);
- Proven ability to communicate and present to all levels of the organization;
- Solution focused and comfortable working in an environment that demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions;
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and executing successfully to completion;
- Resilient individual that is willing to challenge the status quo and drive improvement Competences;
- Reliable and punctual with a great sense of responsibility for the company, colleagues and work;
- Works with a positive attitude;
- You feel a connection to our mission.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.