Capacity Planning Analyst
El Segundo, CA /
Supply Chain /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
We are looking for an exceptional analyst who can diagnose and solve complex business problems through data analysis, scenario modeling, and data-informed recommendations to join our team as Capacity Planning Analyst, Worldwide. You will work closely with multiple stakeholders in different geographies and have the ability to run multiple scenarios and drive new innovations. The ideal candidate will possess both an analytical background that enables them to manage global network planning of the complete supply chain, and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about customer experience initiatives. In this role, you will experience a wide range of modeling and problem-solving situations, from strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis.
The successful candidate will work in lockstep with multiple business teams, Sales, Manufacturing, Tech Services, Supply Chain and Finance among others.
- Analyze sales forecasts, inventory, operating and capacity plans for worldwide production to meet customer demand, globally and by region.
- Cost and service optimization for operations spread across multiple countries worldwide.
- Build short- and long-term capacity and operational models, scenario assessments, and plans for different global regions to optimize capacity planning, production attainment, and costs.
- Improve performance to plan by identifying, measuring, and managing key metrics related to deployment and distribution of production capacity, production attainments achieved, and response flexibility. And the ability to do so from global, regional, and site level perspectives.
- Capture the right metrics to influence stakeholders and measure success
- Participate in global Operations initiatives and project roll outs to cater to growing and/or changing business needs
- Promote process improvement and standardization of processes across all sites in the network.
- 5+ years of experience in operations or business analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, engineering, or closely related concentrations
- 3+ years experience modeling data and/or statistical forecasting
- Solid understanding of SQL and Excel (Experience with R, SAS, SPSS, or Python a plus)
- Master’s degree in Operations, Business, Analytics or a related field preferred
- Experience with OBIEE, Business Objects, NetSuite, or Tableau is a plus
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.