National Account Manager, Central
Growth – Retail /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
At Beyond Meat, we are focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and employee experience.
The National Account Manager, Central Region Accounts will lead, manage, and develop retail business for our customer(s). This role is responsible for the strategic leadership directing product compliance, sales team execution and exceptional business management skills, P&L management, and return on investment for Customers.
Through joint planning, this role will project sales, drive volume, and establish in-field execution to exceed our retail customers & expectations and represent the brand with a high level of professionalism.
TASKS, DUTIES, & GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, plan, and implement strategic selling plans, qualify customer(s) targets, achieve sales objectives including volume, profit and expense
- Drive and build relationships with customer(s), understand their business models, and influence key decision makers to initiate shelf collaboration
- Create the framework and provide thought leadership for turning consumer, customer, shopper, and competitor insights into integrated and actionable business strategies and sales initiatives for the business
- Partner with the cross functions in ensuring excellence in execution of all brand related activities
- Provide integrated customer, consumer, and competitor insights to the leadership team for customer strategy development, portfolio management and business plans
- Improve communication and develop process improvements to drive increased sales
- Manage Retail accounts throughout the Central Region, with direct experience leading the customer HQ relationship
- Manage agency partners and providing strategic direction to deliver on KPIs
- 5-7 years consumer packaged goods experience including Sales and/or Category Management
- High level of proficiency in working directly with Senior Level Management within a client's headquarters
- Strong and proven leadership skills
- Experience cross- collaborating with and exhibiting leadership within a large cross-functional team
- Strong cross-functional exposure / experience
- Highly customer focused with the ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects against deadlines
- Proficient with reporting systems such as IRI and AC Nielsen
- Knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors, and leading customer strategies
- Willingness to travel as customer needs dictates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Strong analytical capabilities—advanced Excel skills, proficiency using Smart Sheet is a plus.
- Remote work
- Extensive travel. Have access to major airports in Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Austin, St. Louis, KC and Minneapolis.
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD 115,000 and 135,000. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.