Vice President, FP&A and Investor Relations
El Segundo, CA /
Accounting & Finance – Finance /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
At Beyond Meat, we are focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience.
The Beyond Meat ﬁnance team is looking to hire a highly-driven Vice President, FP&A and Investor Relations based in Los Angeles, which will be a key member of the Accounting & Finance team, with responsibility for producing value-added financial analytics and models, both on an ad hoc and ongoing basis, to assist senior leadership in assessing critical business decisions, better understanding industry dynamics, and communicating the Company’s strategy to internal and external stakeholders, including Wall Street.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Vice President, FP&A and Investor Relations role delivers planning, forecasting, management and analysis of P&L, strategic budgeting, variance analyses, operational performance drivers to ﬁnancial results, proactively liaises with internal stakeholders and drives continuous improvement to deliverables.
- Lead and support development of strategic plan, annual plan and business forecasts providing specific, actionable and forward-looking deep insights on the changes and guidance on potential risk
- Develop/implement necessary processes to support internal forecasting/reporting requirements resulting in optimized forecast accuracy
- Understand and maintain a detailed financial model, striving for timely and accurate financial projections, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow forecasts.
- Synthesize detailed financial analyses into management-ready summaries and clearly articulate key assumptions, financial drivers, and potential decision points.
- Proactively partners with department heads to ensure timely submission of budget information, full visibility into budget vs. actual tracking, and develops remediation plans to address any potential issues
- Performs technical analysis to determine present and future ﬁnancial performance. Gathers, analyzes, prepares, and summarizes recommendations for ﬁnancial plans, acquisition activity, operating forecasts and industry developments.
- Develops, interprets, and implements ﬁnancial concepts for ﬁnancial planning and control.
- Prepares ad hoc financial and industry analyses
- Assists the CFO in drafting responses to investor and/or analyst inquiries
- Gathers data to assist with the preparation of quarterly public reports, including earnings press releases, SEC filings, investor presentations and earnings call scripts
- Monitors changes in shareholder ownership, communicating noteworthy changes to the CFO
- Ensures data integrity of public-facing information
Education, Technical Skills and Previous Experience
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in highly quantitative discipline – e.g. Accounting, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, etc.
- 8+ years’ work experience with 3+ years investment banking and/or equity research experience strongly preferred, ideally with a focus on consumer-packaged goods industry. FP&A and/or financial management experience at a CPG or manufacturing company a plus.
- Exceptional financial modeling skills required (interview process will include a modeling test). Candidate must have demonstrated experience building / maintaining three-statement financial models. Experience with financial modeling software (Adaptive Insights, Cube, Anaplan, etc) a plus.
- Understanding of inventory and cost analytics strongly preferred.
- Direct experience engaging with senior management teams and buy-side investors a plus.
- MBA/CFA preferred
- Ability to analyze and assimilate relevant data into key financial recommendations and decisions
- International experience in CPG industry preferred
- Highly analytical and problem-solver mentality
- Adaptable and willing to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Proven ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with internal customers, peers and effectively managing those relationship
- Self-motivated, capable of working independently and strong organization skills
- Experience in SOX environment
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD 180,000 and 210,000. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.