Finance Director EMEA
European Business Unit – Finance, Accounting & IT /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Main purpose of the role:
The Finance Director EMEA is a member of the EMEA Leadership Team and leads the Finance department (1 direct report, 2 indirect reports) of the EMEA Beyond Meat business. The role consists of financial accounting, reporting and consolidation tasks as well as planning and control.
The Finance Director EMEA must both be able to think and act at as a business partner whilst being hands-on for the flawless execution of his/hers own tasks and the Finance team.
· You consolidate & analyse all cost accounting and financial procedures together with other statistical and routine reports including any desirable analyses of monthly departmental reports.
· You propose policies for the establishment and maintenance of inventory levels for supplies, raw materials, packaging materials and in process and/or finished goods, in collaboration with the Operations/Supply Chain function.
· You are responsible for the preparation of income and balance sheet statements, consolidated and various other accounting statements and reports.
· You analyse financial reports, review and verify the accuracy of journal vouchers, payroll records, sales and purchase ledgers, etc.
· You consolidate and supervise the monthly reporting for the Group.
· You establish all the declarations (VAT, ….)
· You lead the budget process within EMEA and you are the link with all the functional heads and their departments.
· You are responsible for the implementation in EMEA of Finance Group projects (such as Intercompany projects, new IFRS rules, …).
· As a member of the EMEA , you act as a business partner with your colleagues and you actively contribute to the ambitious performance of Beyond Meat.
· You act as the company representative in contacts with banks, external auditors, tax authorities, Chamber of Commerce, etc.
· You establish a mindset of continuous improvement within the Finance Team, both for processes and procedures as well as for communication with other functions.
· You lead your Finance team of (currently) 3 (in-)direct reports, ensuring the expected performance of the Finance function and plan for continuous development of individuals within the Finance team.
· You will be responsible for the local IT team to ensure hardware and software is appropriate and you will help manage software platforms and be a key member of project teams when evaluating and rolling out new software systems.
Experience & Qualifications
· Finance Education at BSc or MSc level (Business School or University);
· Relevant experience (min. 8 years), in a similar position as a member of a Management Team in a publicly traded business environment, experience in the food business (manufacturing, supply chain) is an advantage
· You are a hands-on person and you have strong knowledge in Accounting & Taxes, consolidation and IFRS rules
· You are business and profit oriented.
· Languages: Excellent command of the Dutch and English language; German is a plus.
· You are a team player who can identify opportunities for collaboration, however you can also be independent and proactive in his/her approach.
· Strong analytical skills
· You have a proactive attitude, are convinced and have perseverance.
· Can cope well with pressure and setbacks and feels at home in a dynamic environment.
· Sense of humor and guts.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
Please note that Beyond Meat has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees. All U.S. employees who (a) physically enter a Beyond Meat facility in the United States, (b) represent Beyond Meat at work-related events, including but not limited to trade shows and product demonstrations, or (c) physically enter customer or potential customer sites in connection with their work for Beyond Meat must take all necessary steps to be Fully Vaccinated as a condition of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.