El Segundo, CA /
Human Resources /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
We are focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience. We are looking for a Scientific Recruiter to join our growing people team. In this role, you cover the essentials of searching for top tier talent and will help develop recruiting strategies that promote effective methods to source and evaluate talent for Beyond Meat, maintaining a quality candidate pipeline for key positions and proactive growth. This role will report to the Sr. Director, Talent Management and will closely partner with the Innovation team in driving a talent agenda that aligns with business priorities.
- Own the full cycle recruiting process for a portion of roles, supporting a wide range of departments across the organization: engaging, evaluating, and hiring top candidates to join our growing company
- Partner with hiring managers throughout the interview process to develop job descriptions, identify candidates, manage the candidate experience, and negotiate offers
- Manage the inbound applicant pipeline, while identifying passive job seekers using a full range of sourcing/attraction tactics and resources
- Provide a pleasant experience for every candidate from applicant stage to offer while evaluating skill level, driving the interview and offer process, including reference checks, salary recommendations and closing of candidate leading to handoff to people operations team to onboard
- Formulate recruitment strategies and action plans based on time, cost, and quality
- Move the needle on recruitment activities, ensuring candidates are moving through the interview process, feedback is collected post-interview, and candidates and hiring managers are kept updated on status
- Participate in employer branding projects and assist with recruiting events
- Support additional talent activities and projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific field, or equivalent
- 5+ years of full recruiting cycle experience with measurable results
- At least 2 years scientific recruiting experience
- Preferred experience working in the food, biochemical, or pharmaceutical industries
- Social media experience required
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong interpersonal, written, and communication skills
- Able to influence and consult with business leaders
- Ability to adapt to dynamic and evolving priorities and respond to variable timelines with accuracy and urgency
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Up to 20% travel required
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.