Shipping & Receiving Specialist
Columbia, MO /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
The Shipping and Receiving Specialist under the direction of the Shipping & Receiving supervisor, continuously picks, lifts, carries and places product into a pallet to accurately build customer orders in various temperature environments, i.e, COLD FREEZER. Moves product into a trailer or storage unit, is responsible for visually inspecting incoming and outgoing warehouse products to determine acceptability for shipment and/or receiving of product
- Operates forklift and pallet jack
- Racking/unracking materials
- Lifts, carries and picks product
- Manually able to stretch wrap pallets (continuously walking around a pallet with a roll of stretch film)
- Reads labels and or printing on product containers and associated documents. Counts and calculates quantity of product to verify accuracy of shipment
- Must be able to consistently meet company safety, accuracy and productivity standards. Steps into the driving position and uses full range of peripheral vision to operate a forklift or pallet jack in an accident free manner
- Cleans work area; Uses brooms, mops and other cleaning materials (including solvents and soaps) to clean work area.
- Able to communicate with inbound and outbound drivers
- Able to work in & out of freezer
- Able to inspect and complete trailer inspections documentation
- Transporting materials between sites (small box truck, heavy duty trucks); CDL a plus
- Reads labels and associated documents and counts and calculates using math
- Cycle counts
- Inspects incoming and outgoing product
- High School Diploma/ General Education Development
- Forklift experience a plus, certification preferred
- Basic proficiency in mathematics
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk and hear. Specific vision requirements of this job include near, distance, and depth perception. Various temperature environments, i.e, COLD FREEZER. Continuous mental and visual attention is required.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.