Director of Operations/External Manufacturing Head
Devault, PA /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
At Beyond Meat, our strength is the efficiency with which we deliver leading-edge products and support to those we serve. We’re proud to set the standard for success in our industry. To help us continue our growth, we’re seeking an experienced Director of Operations to join our highly skilled team. As an ideal candidate, you have proven senior management experience in a highly dynamic setting. Your organizational, communication, and leadership skills are second to none and you enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries. You’ll work closely with executives to strategize and develop long-term plans that usher in new levels of productivity and success at Beyond Meat.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives
- Build and maintain relationships with all internal customers, external customers, and frontline to make decisions regarding operational activity and strategic goals
- Plan, monitor, and analyze key metrics for the day-to-day performance of the operations to ensure efficient and timely completion of tasks
- Uphold organization policies and standards, ensuring legislative regulations are followed
- Work closely with human resources to lead team with integrity and establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment
- Min Bachelor’s degree and preferably MBA
- 10+ years senior operation leadership role
- Knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Exceptional negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Strong working knowledge of data analysis and performance metrics using business management software's
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- May require lifting items up to 50 lbs. and production floor duties
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.