Operations – DEPA Production /
At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.
Beyond Meat is focused on raising the bar on talent. We are dedicated to shaping an inclusive culture that drives excellence, innovation, and results by enabling talent acceleration and development, engagement, and the employee experience. The Supply Chain Team is a matrix organization within Beyond Meat that is dedicated to creating food products that are leading the gold standard in plant-based proteins. They are looking for an outstanding individual to join the team located in Devault, PA as a Maintenance Technician.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for providing general mechanical and electrical maintenance and upkeep of the equipment and building. Other tasks include working with production to increase efficiencies and reduce downtime, providing preventative maintenance and assist with completing work orders.
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance repairs
- Respond to all emergency line calls quickly and cooperatively
- Responsible for all equipment for manufacturing, distributing, and maintaining safe quality food by following good manufacturing practices, food defense, HACCP, and SQF requirements
- Maintain maintenance standards for efficiencies, continuous improvement, safety, and quality
- Responsible for maintaining and servicing production equipment, completing work orders, and documenting activities
- Maximize OEE, fulfilling preventative and predictive maintenance programs, root cause analysis, BBSO’s, and driving corrective actions
- Setup and operate various power tools and equipment
- Maintaining a safety-first culture
- Maintain a clean work area and practice good housekeeping on a regular basis
- Adhere to all facility policies concerning safety, security, and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Perform other assigned tasks as needed
- Education, Technical Skills, and/or Previous Experience:
- Associates degree or technical degree from a trade school and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience desired.
- Minimum 2 – 7 years’ experience in a food and/or beverage manufacturing environment preferred.
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility to work any/all shifts to support a high growth work environment.
- Ability to work extended hours, over weekends and on public holidays with short or no notice
- Must be capable of writing detailed reports, general day-to-day oversight, and related correspondence
- Warehouse and production manufacturing environment that includes both tempered and ambient areas.
- Position requires the ability to stand for prolonged periods of time, step, balance, crouch, stoop, kneel, squat, bend, repetitively lift objects up to 50 lbs., reach above shoulders, or as needed to complete tasks.
- Must be able to occasionally climb stairs or a ladder to complete tasks
- Need to be comfortable working at various heights.
- Position located in a mix of production and office environments and requires a tolerance for consistent cold work environments (-10-40˚ F), high worker traffic, loud noises, odors, dust, and varying room temperatures.
- Work flexible shifts as required.
- Understand that overtime and occasional worked holidays will be required based on company needs.
- The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
** Hourly rate commensurate with experience. **
The starting annual base pay for this role is between USD $28.00 and $34.00 per hour. The actual base is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. The role may also be eligible for benefits.
Beyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
For all U.S. based roles: Applicants must be authorized to work for a U.S. employer. This role is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship at this time.